Doctor Who: Deep Breath

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Robovski
Captain

Re: Doctor Who: Deep Breath

Post by Robovski »

As a lurker you have probably been here a while Hazumu, but let me say Welcome to the board!
Hazumu
Redshirt

Post by Hazumu »

Thank you for the welcome. It's always nice to see signs of a friendly atmosphere when one joins a new group.
FaxModem1
Captain

Post by FaxModem1 »

Hazumu wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:26 pm
FaxModem1 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:12 am As of now having finished Capaldi's run, I think Capaldi's doctor works a lot better when he seems to give a crap about those who he is saving, as opposed to acting a bit like a sociopathic prick who doesn't seem to care that others are dying around him. "Your friend is the top layer of goo if you want to say a few words" comes to mind.

Say what you will about Missy, but her showing how similar they were really seemed to wake him up about the fact that he's not that different from her, and made him a much more compassionate individual.
Your post inspired me to finally create an account, instead of remaining an occasional lurker in the forum. I definitely agree that Capaldi came off as far too callous in the begining. In fact, the line you cited almost made me stop watching.

Sorry for the absolute randomness of this post. I just felt that yours summed up my own feelings on the subject so succinctly that I was compelled to say "Thank you" (I actually involuntarily said it aloud when I first read your post :oops: ).
First off, welcome to the forum.

Second, yes, that was the reason I stopped watching Doctor Who for years. I decided to finally catch up when I learned the 12th Doctor improved and started acting much more compassionate.