Book reviews = $$$?

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Darth Wedgius
Captain

Re: Book reviews = $$$?

Post by Darth Wedgius »

I don't know if SFDebris has a standard price for a book review; I don't see it on the Donations page.
It's $50 for an episode of some series TV, and $175 for a film. Since books would probably take longer for him to get through than a film, and you obviously can't use clips from a book in a review, I think a book review would be a lot more work on SFDebris's part and would take a higher price unless it's something he's already read and is familiar with.
ProfessorDetective
Captain

Post by ProfessorDetective »

Darth Wedgius wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:10 pm I don't know if SFDebris has a standard price for a book review; I don't see it on the Donations page.
It's $50 for an episode of some series TV, and $175 for a film. Since books would probably take longer for him to get through than a film, and you obviously can't use clips from a book in a review, I think a book review would be a lot more work on SFDebris's part and would take a higher price unless it's something he's already read and is familiar with.
My guess would be $200-$250.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

ProfessorDetective wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:54 pm
Darth Wedgius wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:10 pm I don't know if SFDebris has a standard price for a book review; I don't see it on the Donations page.
My guess would be $200-$250.
Why stop there?
..What mirror universe?
Jonathan101
Captain

Post by Jonathan101 »

TIERS
Pledge $2 or more per month

Redshirt - Besides my undying thanks, you get a link to a monthly captioned image for the show and a recording of one of my anecdotes. There is no guarantee these won't suck.

Pledge $5 or more per month
Officer - You get redshirt rewards plus you can contribute captions for the monthly captioned image. Also includes access to monthly bonus material, which can be anything from messages from the characters to bizarre voicemail messages, deleted scenes, dialogue flubs, skits, special exclusive videos, and a monthly Q&A session. PLUS you get a chance to watch every Star Trek review a week before it's released!

Pledge $10 or more per month
Captain - You get Fleet Captain rewards, which are Redshirt and Officer rewards, and an exclusive audio file "micro-review" about a science fiction/fantasy/horror work. PLUS you get a chance to watch EVERY review I make a week before it's released!

Pledge $50 or more per month
Overlord - You get Fleet Captain rewards, plus once per month you will be given a very special credit in one of the videos while minions chant "All hail the overlord!" at the mere sight of your name.

Pledge $75 or more per month

Senator - You get Fleet Captain rewards, plus as a Senator you get a vote in some of the material that will come the following month.
SOLD OUT

Pledge $100 or more per month

Emperor - You get Fleet Captain rewards, plus every month you can pick any one hour episode of a science fiction or fantasy show from the approved list and I will review it at the start of the following month, where you will get a credit that will be in keeping with your high office.
SOLD OUT

Pledge $200 or more per month

The Janeway - You get Fleet Captain rewards, plus every month you can pick a two hour episode or a film from the approved list and I will review it some time in the following month, where you will get a credit that will be in keeping with the ultimate position of power.
SOLD OUT
No book option.

Chuck not like reading.

https://www.patreon.com/sfdebris
NovaShoujo
Redshirt

Post by NovaShoujo »

It's 500$. He puts a lot of time and effort into book reviews and the cost reflects that.
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

So, the same cost as a video game then. I can understand why, since it's a larger time investment.
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
— Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
Mecha82
Captain

Post by Mecha82 »

I didn't really think about that being larger time investment effects price. Now I know and knowing is half the battle.
"In the embrace of the great Nurgle, I am no longer afraid, for with His pestilential favour I have become that which I once most feared: Death.."
- Kulvain Hestarius of the Death Guard
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

Oh damn it! You changed your avatar from Kallen! No more cute anime girl. :(

At least with me, you guys ALWAYS see cute anime girl. ;)
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
— Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
Mecha82
Captain

Post by Mecha82 »

I admit that I changed my avatar purely to match my signature.
"In the embrace of the great Nurgle, I am no longer afraid, for with His pestilential favour I have become that which I once most feared: Death.."
- Kulvain Hestarius of the Death Guard