SW The Old Republic: Sith Warrior

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Yukaphile
Overlord

Re: SW The Old Republic: Sith Warrior

Post by Yukaphile »

Yeah, his attitude is just what I expect coming from Germany these days. Blame the people who are actually victims, collectively shame them, huh? We're all so guilty. I reject that way of thinking.

You are basing the thoughts and feelings of billions of people based on the actions of a FEW people. I do NOT deserve to get murdered just because I don't vote, therefore, I'm indirectly responsible for what Trump does.
Last edited by Yukaphile on Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
— Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
hammerofglass
Captain

Post by hammerofglass »

By that logic the citizens of every nation on Earth deserve death for the fact that they're not rebelling right now.
...for space is wide, and good friends are too few.
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

THANK YOU. It's even more egregious because there is no true democracy on the planet Earth. Like justice, it's a myth we tell ourselves to make certain factions among our tribal nation-states feel much "nobler" than we really are. Take the US, again. The electoral college and delegates can screw up the system. And more than half the country doesn't vote. Half. That's not "true" democracy. In a true democracy, 100% of the population would vote. But that's not reality.
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
Karha of Honor
Captain

Post by Karha of Honor »

Yukaphile wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:34 am THANK YOU. It's even more egregious because there is no true democracy on the planet Earth. Like justice, it's a myth we tell ourselves to make certain factions among our tribal nation-states feel much "nobler" than we really are. Take the US, again. The electoral college and delegates can screw up the system. And more than half the country doesn't vote. Half. That's not "true" democracy. In a true democracy, 100% of the population would vote. But that's not reality.
They don 't know what the fuck to vote for. Politics is a part time job.
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

Thought you blocked me? Anyway, that's why I don't vote. It's too much commitment for something that is only fleeting, and temporary.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Even Slash says something on point twice a day.
..What mirror universe?
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

I'd much rather devote myself to something more practical, like finding my true love, losing weight, all that good jazz.
SabreMau
Officer

Post by SabreMau »

As the one who donated $400 towards getting this particular set of videos made, I dislike this particular tangent. Angela went to Alderaan to get Jaesa's family and then specifically make sure they're not tortured. This is a good and happy plan. She's not there on a mission of finding people who irritate her then murdering them, and murdering their supporters and their noble houses and their friends and their flying manta rays. That would be actually the opposite of her plan.
Karha of Honor
Captain

Post by Karha of Honor »

BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:24 am Even Slash says something on point twice a day.
I gladly point to things where i categorically murdered the consensus with my opinion.
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

I'm not the one claiming huge populations of people are collectively guilty or deserve to die.