Paranoia Agent

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
drthmik
Redshirt

Re: Paranoia Agent

Post by drthmik »

Bojak90 wrote:I was really delighted to see Chuck cover this show, especially since it's not easy to get copies of the DVD (other than ones marked (only for distribution in Hong Kong) so despite having a run on Toonami back in the day, it's kind of slipped into obscurity.

In my opinion it's right up there with Millenium Actress and Paprika for Kon's best work and I still get overcome with emotion in two scenes ("who are you calling Dad?").

I am interested in seeing his thoughts on episode focusing on the group that meets up to commit suicide. The episode is mostly divorced from the main plot but it's certainly memorable.
It is funny that you think the Suicide group is separate from the plot
Admiral X
Captain

Post by Admiral X »

Funny, when I'd read about this show, I'd honestly had no interest in watching it. But after watching this, I think I'll go ahead and add it to my already exhaustive watch list.
"Black care rarely sits behind a rider whose pace is fast enough."
-TR
Gridlock
Redshirt

Post by Gridlock »

Question what is the song called he plays at the beginning?
Nevix
Officer

Post by Nevix »

...Man, I'd forgotten how creepy this show was, and especially how much of a sleaze the crooked cop was.

Or more precisely, I remembered the incestuous creeping, but I also forgot the theft, debt to the mob, and most everything else. And that doesn't even cover how creepy the younger cop is after his breakdown.

Also, that doesn't even cover some of the upcoming episodes...
Redem
Officer

Post by Redem »

Nevix wrote:...Man, I'd forgotten how creepy this show was, and especially how much of a sleaze the crooked cop was.

Or more precisely, I remembered the incestuous creeping, but I also forgot the theft, debt to the mob, and most everything else. And that doesn't even cover how creepy the younger cop is after his breakdown.

Also, that doesn't even cover some of the upcoming episodes...
From the sound of it this is less forgetting than repressing
Edvarius
Officer

Post by Edvarius »

I think it's more that the creepy incest stuff is so creepy you forget about much of the rest due to that one thing sticking out so prominently.
Robovski
Captain

Post by Robovski »

CQ means Seek You, or basically "is anyone out there?" In case you are wondering.
Hearthstone23
Redshirt

Post by Hearthstone23 »

Anyone else but me not spoiling themselves with this show so they experience it as Chuck does?
Wilahelm2
Redshirt

Post by Wilahelm2 »

I had actually forgotten how weird and creepy this show could get. Still a great show but so much WTF.
Independent George
Officer

Post by Independent George »

Hearthstone23 wrote:Anyone else but me not spoiling themselves with this show so they experience it as Chuck does?
Sort of. I saw it years ago, when it aired on Cartoon Network, but honestly can't recall a single thing about it other than the fact that I liked it.