SW The Old Republic: Sith Warrior

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Jonathan101
Captain

Re: SW The Old Republic: Sith Warrior

Post by Jonathan101 »

TheStarWarsTrek wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:23 pm
CharlesPhipps wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:05 am One thing that is kind of sad and ironic that Darth Baras successfully imprisoned Cthulhu here and the LS Sith Warrior let him out.

Even the DS Sith Warrior has to be kicking themselves.
I know right? Patting yourself on the back for only killing in self defense or trying to collect the names of all the mooks you've killed kind of pales in comparison to that.
"Self defence" meaning "I show up at your base / business / home and want to capture or kill you or someone you know in the service of the most evil man I have ever met, and you attack me for it? How dare you call me a killer?! I was totally just defending myself!"
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

I kind of hope that Chuck will eventually done some of the expansions.

I think Ripley would be best for the Revan one.

But first she'd have to be exposed to the Republic's plan for UNIVERSAL GENOCIDE.
Steve
Doctor's Assistant

Post by Steve »

CharlesPhipps wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:26 pm I kind of hope that Chuck will eventually done some of the expansions.

But first she'd have to be exposed to the Republic's plan for UNIVERSAL GENOCIDE.
Wasn't that Revan's plan? The Republic only knew he was re-activating the Foundry, he didn't tell them he was going to program the Rakata droids to slaughter anyone with even a smidgen of Sith DNA? (And given other info it's almost certain that Vitiate put the idea in his head.)
"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

Administrator of SFD, Former Spacebattles Super-Mod, Veteran Chatnik. And multiverse crossover-loving writer, of course!
Steve
Doctor's Assistant

Post by Steve »

CharlesPhipps wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:26 am Valkorian is alive at the time but like his other bodies has a personality when not occupied, at least enough to function as we see with Kira and other Children of the Emperor.

As we see on Ziost, he can occupy multiple bodies at a time.
I think the implication is that Valkorian is his actual "real" body/host throughout, but he projects himself in the Voice so that he can continue to direct his "failed" empire while secretly building things up on Zakuul. Presumably had his Dark Side ritual succeeded, Zakuul would've been spared and would've been the only life left in the galaxy (or maybe not. Then again it's pretty clear Zakuul was a later addition by the writers, not a planned one.)
"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

Administrator of SFD, Former Spacebattles Super-Mod, Veteran Chatnik. And multiverse crossover-loving writer, of course!
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

Steve wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:02 pm
CharlesPhipps wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:26 pm I kind of hope that Chuck will eventually done some of the expansions.

Wasn't that Revan's plan? The Republic only knew he was re-activating the Foundry, he didn't tell them he was going to program the Rakata droids to slaughter anyone with even a smidgen of Sith DNA? (And given other info it's almost certain that Vitiate put the idea in his head.)
It was Revan's plan but I'm under the impression he had the support of some people in the Republic. Part of the theme of TOR is the two sides are different but not as different as they are in other eras. There's Dark Jedi still working for the Republic and Light Sith working for the Empire.
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

Steve wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:05 pm
CharlesPhipps wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:26 am Valkorian is alive at the time but like his other bodies has a personality when not occupied, at least enough to function as we see with Kira and other Children of the Emperor.

As we see on Ziost, he can occupy multiple bodies at a time.
I think the implication is that Valkorian is his actual "real" body/host throughout, but he projects himself in the Voice so that he can continue to direct his "failed" empire while secretly building things up on Zakuul. Presumably had his Dark Side ritual succeeded, Zakuul would've been spared and would've been the only life left in the galaxy (or maybe not. Then again it's pretty clear Zakuul was a later addition by the writers, not a planned one.)
It's obviously a huge retcon but I think it actually was a much better story. The Sith Emperor was a one-dimensional Palpatine/Nihilus rip-off. The story then revealed, SURPRISE, it was actually the Sith Emperor distracting the Sith and Jedi by acting that way. When, in truth, he was every bit as disgusted by the Stupid EvilTM of the Sith Way himself. Instead, he was going to rule his own galaxy with Bread and Circuses as well as people genuinely loyal to his dictatorship.

Forget the whole 'Kill your Master' stuff Social Darwinist stuff.
SabreMau
Officer

Post by SabreMau »

CharlesPhipps wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:26 pmI kind of hope that Chuck will eventually done some of the expansions.
Judging from the post-credits scene of Sith Inquisitor, it does appear as if the characters are planning to team up and run some post-50 content.
SuccubusYuri
Officer

Post by SuccubusYuri »

SabreMau wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:52 pm
CharlesPhipps wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:26 pmI kind of hope that Chuck will eventually done some of the expansions.
Judging from the post-credits scene of Sith Inquisitor, it does appear as if the characters are planning to team up and run some post-50 content.
That would absolutely be a nightmare to edit, but hilarious if each mission was assigned to one class based off their specialties xD

Though I noticed Ripley only has two class buffs on Voss. And the other is the Bounty Hunter xD So not sure what the behind-the-scenes are on that.
SabreMau
Officer

Post by SabreMau »

I'm not sure how he intends to do it, but if I had to and I had the resources for it, I'd multibox four accounts.
hammerofglass
Captain

Post by hammerofglass »

SabreMau wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:33 am So, do these events take place before or after the Jedi Knight level 50 story quests? Or is there an Emperor and a Voice of the Emperor separately at the same time? And a Valkorion too?
They're interlaced. JK and Warrior act 2 finales happen about the same time, then there's a time skip. During the skip the Voice the Knight meets in act 2 is abandoned for the one that gets trapped on Voss. At the beginning of act 3 Scourge defects, the Emperor contacts the Hand about what happened and orders them to recruit the Warrior as the new Wrath, and Baras betrays Warrior. Warrior takes care of Belsavis and Voss while JK is still on Belsavis. The Emperor sends a guy to weaponize Sel-Makor as soon as he's free, the Knight stops him in their version of Voss. The Warrior gets to Coruscant first, but the Knight is close behind and they sync up. According to a message the Warrior gets from the Hand later, the Knight's showdown with the new Voice and the Warrior's showdown with Baras happen at exactly the same time.
...for space is wide, and good friends are too few.