SW The Old Republic: Sith Warrior

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Independent George
Officer

Re: SW The Old Republic: Sith Warrior

Post by Independent George »

Every time Chuck posts one of these reviews, it makes me want to load up SWTOR again.

Every time I do, I log out ten minutes later. MMORPGs are just not for me. If any Bioware game needed a story mode, it's SWTOR - I really enjoyed a couple of the storylines and would have liked to have finished them all, but the gameplay just grates on me too much.
Riedquat
Captain

Post by Riedquat »

Independent George wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:30 pm Every time Chuck posts one of these reviews, it makes me want to load up SWTOR again.

Every time I do, I log out ten minutes later. MMORPGs are just not for me. If any Bioware game needed a story mode, it's SWTOR - I really enjoyed a couple of the storylines and would have liked to have finished them all, but the gameplay just grates on me too much.
I've not played it but I've been getting that impression from the reviews. The storylines look appealing, the bits of gameplay we see less so. And I'm not terribly interested in multiplayer games anyway (I got through a couple of versions of the storyline of Elder Scrolls Online when that first came out but fizzled out partway through the third with no interest in going back).
SabreMau
Officer

Post by SabreMau »

Technically, though it’s an MMO, it’s one where you can play through the entire story with no player interaction required other than seeing other players around. Group content is optional for the base F2P part of the story.
hammerofglass
Captain

Post by hammerofglass »

They do double xp months a few times a year. It's enough of a boost to easily do class story missions only. Unfortunately one just ended last week, so it will probably be a while.
...for space is wide, and good friends are too few.
Deledrius
Captain

Post by Deledrius »

Independent George wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:30 pm If any Bioware game needed a story mode, it's SWTOR - I really enjoyed a couple of the storylines and would have liked to have finished them all, but the gameplay just grates on me too much.
I wish more games would have that. The Secret World desperately needs it, too.
SabreMau
Officer

Post by SabreMau »

The finale is here.
https://sfdebris.com/videos/games/swtorsw.php

Just to be sure, my own Warrior made different choices than this down the stretch.
Worffan101
Captain

Post by Worffan101 »

Chuck's discussion of how the games industry press handles customer complaints and the buildup of customer rage against the homogenization of games into "live services" hits home for me.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Post by Thebestoftherest »

I find the ending interesting.
silversun17
Redshirt

Post by silversun17 »

A missed opportunity with the stinger was that there could have been a cut to black with the sounds of an ass-kicking.
Gunarm
Redshirt

Post by Gunarm »

I wonder who he is going to do next.