"Remember that Joke?" inquiry thread

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Steve
Doctor's Assistant

"Remember that Joke?" inquiry thread

Post by Steve »

Since this does come up sometimes, I figured I'd make a thread for it, for those occasions when Chuck made a joke and you're trying to remember which review it was in. That way people who do remember can answer, hopefully.

To start off, I recall he once did a little skit about the re-design of female super hero costumes to be more functional/covering and less "sexy", showing things like the New 52 Wonder Woman, Carol Danvers going from the Ms. Marvel leotard to the full-body Captain Marvel suit, and Power Girl getting a new costume that doesn't have the Boob Window, at which point he started begging for it to stop. "Power Girl's all I have left!"

But now I can't freaking remember which review it was.
"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

Administrator of SFD, Former Spacebattles Super-Mod, Veteran Chatnik. And multiverse crossover-loving writer, of course!
TGLS
Captain

Re: "Remember that Joke?" inquiry thread

Post by TGLS »

If recall correctly, it was in a star trek review.

Also, you accidentally posted this twice.
"I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
When I am writing in this font, I am writing in my moderator voice.
Spam-desu
Steve
Doctor's Assistant

Post by Steve »

TGLS wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:45 am If recall correctly, it was in a star trek review.

Also, you accidentally posted this twice.
Huh, weird. Maybe I accidentally clicked "Post" twice.
"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

Administrator of SFD, Former Spacebattles Super-Mod, Veteran Chatnik. And multiverse crossover-loving writer, of course!
Steve
Doctor's Assistant

Post by Steve »

Also, it came up in reference to him thinking about TOS miniskirt uniforms (at least according to an entry on TVTropes), but it might've been in another review that just mentioned TOS.

BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

That joke does sound familiar. I've only really seen reviews of the first few episodes of TOS. I probably should check back with Trials and Tribilations review also though.
Power laces... alright.
SabreMau
Officer

Post by SabreMau »

https://sfdebris.com/videos/startrek/s010.php

Steve
Doctor's Assistant

Post by Steve »

SabreMau wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:50 am https://sfdebris.com/videos/startrek/s010.php

Huh. I didn't think it was that old, I was looking through newer TOS reviews. Thanks. :)