SW The Old Republic: Sith Warrior

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
TGLS
Captain

Re: SW The Old Republic: Sith Warrior

Post by TGLS »

Gunarm wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:31 pm I wonder who he is going to do next.
I believe it's the Bounty Hunter
"I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
When I am writing in this font, I am writing in my moderator voice.
Spam-desu
Ikiry0
Officer

Post by Ikiry0 »

Bounty Hunter would be interesting but I must admit, I'd sorta like to see something on the Republic Side. The Sith Empire is pretty well established.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Post by Thebestoftherest »

I think the ending suggest bounty hunter.
Gunarm
Redshirt

Post by Gunarm »

Hmm I love the bounty hunter story.
Steve
Doctor's Assistant

Post by Steve »

Ikiry0 wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:42 pm Bounty Hunter would be interesting but I must admit, I'd sorta like to see something on the Republic Side. The Sith Empire is pretty well established.
Chuck was more interested in doing Empire side stories I think. There's an undercurrent of sentiment in some TOR fans that the Imperial side had the better class stories. I can somewhat see it since Jedi Knight and Smuggler were pretty much archetypical Star Wars material while Imperial Agent and Sith Inquisitor were more unique.

OTOH I've always preferred the Republic stories, but that's because I utterly despise the Sith Empire and in general dislike the obsessions of some vocal SW fans with their usually-fascist villains like both the Sith Empire and the later OT Empire. In short, my preference isn't from my analysis of the stories as a writer but my emotional snetiments relating to them: I find it much easier to enjoy Republic storylines. Hell, I think I've played the Jedi Knight one like four or five times now.
"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

Administrator of SFD, Former Spacebattles Super-Mod, Veteran Chatnik. And multiverse crossover-loving writer, of course!
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

I mean, my favorite way to play KOTOR 2 is as a dark sider. Ignoring some of the more cartoonishly evil moments - "I'm here to cleanse this flophouse of all life, get ready to die" (that never stops making me laugh!) - it's the best way to unlock influence for my favorite characters, Atton (though you can get him with light side too), HK-47, Kreia, G0-T0, and Hanharr.
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
— Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
SabreMau
Officer

Post by SabreMau »

Once upon a time, Korriban wasn't nerfed by level sync.
https://www.deviantart.com/aemixx/art/28-spoilers-Stupid-Mask-440969942

Also, this wasn't covered in the video, but marrying Malavai gets him to type up an Infant Contingency Report.
Last edited by SabreMau on Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Independent George
Officer

Post by Independent George »

I've only finished four of the eight classes, but Inquisitor and Imperial Agent are brilliantly written.

The Smuggler story wasn't especially memorable (which actually makes sense, seeing as how the smuggler really doesn't have a vested interest in the conflict), but it was by far the most fun for me because (1) you could play dark side as a pragmatic and self-interested rather than eating kittens, and (2) you could kick both Jedi and Sith in the groin. Repeatedly.

I haven't played in ages (and, as I said, I never finished all of the classes), but this was the only story where taking the dark side path generally meant being greedy and dishonest rather than murderous and psychotic. You could role-play as an actual criminal - sometimes it meant helping the Republic, sometimes it meant betraying them - but in all cases, it meant getting paid.
SabreMau
Officer

Post by SabreMau »

I did finish all eight class stories, and LS Warrior was my favorite enough to replay through three times. All I remember offhand about Smuggler was someone stole your ship in the first scenes of the game, later you get it back at the same point in the prologue that all other classes are handed their ships, and that the dialogue option responses were amusingly snarky throughout. Oh yeah, and Guss Tuna was there. I know it was Tuno but I just liked nicknaming him Tuna.

I did try a couple of other Republic classes as DS and it was just weird all around. The two storylines that I felt had the most sense in DS mode were Inquisitor and Agent.
hammerofglass
Captain

Post by hammerofglass »

Personally I found Smuggler the best of the Republic class stories, and that was mostly from the humor. The Knight and Trooper have an almost complete lack of agency or personality, the Knight especially being seemingly deliberately written to be a the most generic fantasy hero ever. The Consular would be my favorite for either side if the whole thing was like their story from Alderaan on, but the rest of Act 1 for them is the absolute dullest grind in the game where every planet is almost exactly the same. I enjoy all of the Imperial stories.
...for space is wide, and good friends are too few.