2019 Christmas show

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Re: 2019 Christmas show

Post by Thebestoftherest »

Percysowner wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:46 pm I don't know if it will make this year's Christmas show, but I do hope Kill the Moon eventually gets singled out for worst New Who episode. The Forest one is bad as well, but at least it didn't support killing the entire world, AGAINST THEIR WISHES in order to save a BAYBEE!

I haven't seen the Orville so can't comment on that particular episode. I do hope that Chuck gives us a hint as to the original plan, because I'm curious.
While, I think that hell bent is worst for messing too much with the timelords, the doctor morality and so much more for a mary sue and a bad payoff. I can see how someone hate kill the moon more, I never seen the Orville never like seth McFarlane humor.
Deledrius
Captain

Post by Deledrius »

Thebestoftherest wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:41 pm I never seen the Orville never like seth McFarlane humor.
I loathe his humor. I love The Orville. I was shocked to see him do something earnest and without a hint of satire or clumsy jokes.
Sir Will
Officer

Post by Sir Will »

Deledrius wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:35 am
Thebestoftherest wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:41 pm I never seen the Orville never like seth McFarlane humor.
I loathe his humor. I love The Orville. I was shocked to see him do something earnest and without a hint of satire or clumsy jokes.
Some of the humor, especially in the first season, can be a little much or forced at times I find but I still find it very enjoyable overall. This is not Family Guy-type stuff here, though it's not exactly devoid of crass humor either. There's less and less of that as the series goes on though. It's worth checking out, especially in the second season where the sci-fi and drama aspects really ramp up compared to the comedy.
Blaze Rocker
Redshirt

Post by Blaze Rocker »

I hope the Christmas show is a look back at Aron Eisenberg's contribution to Star Trek or his career in general, though I doubt Chuck will use the Christmas Show spot for that.
I've got a feevah, and the only prescription... is more cowbell.
Darth Wedgius
Captain

Post by Darth Wedgius »

I remember when a man was upset that his house burned down. Some people just can't handle change.

I gave up on nuWho after Capaldi's second season. It wasn't even politics at the time, though nuWho since hasn't helped, and I'm fine having left Dr. Who and the BBC behind. But "Kill the Moon" was the worst of the episodes I've seen IMHO. I keep hoping to see "The Great Vegetable Rebellion" one of these years, but "Kill the Moon" will be a dandy present to wake up to.
CrypticMirror
Captain

Post by CrypticMirror »

Blaze Rocker wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:50 am I hope the Christmas show is a look back at Aron Eisenberg's contribution to Star Trek or his career in general, though I doubt Chuck will use the Christmas Show spot for that.
Or DC Fontana, or Rene Auberjonois, or Vonda McIntyre... This year has been a bastard of a year for Star Trek alumni.
Blaze Rocker
Redshirt

Post by Blaze Rocker »

CrypticMirror wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:59 pm
Blaze Rocker wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:50 am I hope the Christmas show is a look back at Aron Eisenberg's contribution to Star Trek or his career in general, though I doubt Chuck will use the Christmas Show spot for that.
Or DC Fontana, or Rene Auberjonois, or Vonda McIntyre... This year has been a bastard of a year for Star Trek alumni.
Agreed. There are so many people whose lives and careers are worth exploring that doing a review on a property (TV show, movie, book, etc.) just wouldn't seem right for a Christmas show.
Just heard about Rene's passing yesterday. He was great on DS9 but he had a career with so much more than that. If you saw him on a couple of episodes of 'Benson' (79'-86') you'd never forget him. I'm glad I was able to meet him and get his autograph a couple of years ago.

R.I.P. Rene Auberjonois. You will be remembered. :(
I've got a feevah, and the only prescription... is more cowbell.
pilight
Officer

Post by pilight »

It should be the remastered TOS episode with the worst updated effects
Sir Will
Officer

Post by Sir Will »

Darth Wedgius wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:04 am I remember when a man was upset that his house burned down. Some people just can't handle change.
Huh?
Mecha82
Captain

Post by Mecha82 »

Darth Wedgius wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:04 am I remember when a man was upset that his house burned down. Some people just can't handle change.
Talk about strawman argument. Then again you are good at that.
"In the embrace of the great Nurgle, I am no longer afraid, for with His pestilential favour I have become that which I once most feared: Death.."
- Kulvain Hestarius of the Death Guard