Carnage of Krell Review

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Chaos Sepher
Officer

Re: Carnage of Krell Review

Post by Chaos Sepher »

One of my favorite things about this series is how well they do the clones. Cause despite all of them having the same face and voice they did an amazing job making many of the clones we get to know as individuals. Dee Bradley Baker does such a great job bringing out these individual traits through slightly varying tones and inflections. Which is one reason I am happy how Chuck has gone into the Domino squadron, and why Fives is one of my favorites in the series. All the more tragic what happens to that unit and especially Fives, doubly with Order 66.

One thing I am curious about is Krell somehow pierced the veil that clouded the Jedi's vision and foresaw their fall. But was it him having this vision what led him to the dark side, or was it that he was leaning towards the dark side what allowed him to have this vision? Personally I think I would lean towards the latter.

Really if Krell had survived he probably would have ended up a terrifying asset to Sidious. At minimum he would have ended up a formidable Inquisitor.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Post by Thebestoftherest »

Chaos Sepher wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:20 am One of my favorite things about this series is how well they do the clones. Cause despite all of them having the same face and voice they did an amazing job making many of the clones we get to know as individuals. Dee Bradley Baker does such a great job bringing out these individual traits through slightly varying tones and inflections. Which is one reason I am happy how Chuck has gone into the Domino squadron, and why Fives is one of my favorites in the series. All the more tragic what happens to that unit and especially Fives, doubly with Order 66.

One thing I am curious about is Krell somehow pierced the veil that clouded the Jedi's vision and foresaw their fall. But was it him having this vision what led him to the dark side, or was it that he was leaning towards the dark side what allowed him to have this vision? Personally I think I would lean towards the latter.

Really if Krell had survived he probably would have ended up a terrifying asset to Sidious. At minimum he would have ended up a formidable Inquisitor.
I think that he too much or a brute to last long.
Scififan
Officer

Post by Scififan »

Sidious would have seen him as a rival and somebody to betray and eliminate eventually. He probably would have used him in the purge (the jedi one, not movie), but have Vader ambush and kill him.

That assuming the Krell would have done that. He did seem to have a desire to see Force Users reign supreme and probably want to have the Jedi Order run the Republic.
Mecha82
Captain

Post by Mecha82 »

If Krell had survived beyond Clone Wars and Order 66 I am sure that Sidious would had send Vader or Inquisitors to hunt him down and kill him. After Order 66 Sidious also had dark jedi hunted down as potential threat to his rule.
"In the embrace of the great Nurgle, I am no longer afraid, for with His pestilential favour I have become that which I once most feared: Death.."
- Kulvain Hestarius of the Death Guard
LordUltimus
Redshirt

Post by LordUltimus »

Didn't we get WoG saying that Palpatine was manipulating Krell all along without Krell's knowledge, as a possible back-up apprentice if anything happens to Anakin?
LordUltimus
Redshirt

Post by LordUltimus »

AndrewGPaul wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:02 pm So, can anyone explain the significance of House of the Rising Sun? I’m not familiar with the interpretations of that song.
While lyrically, it's an old American folk song usually believed to be about a young man who surrenders himself to sin and vice in a brothel ("House of the Rising Sun" is an old euphamisms for brothels), the cover Chuck plays is the most famous version by the Animals, which was released in July 1964- about a month before the Gulf of Tonkin Resolution which LBJ used to order direct combat involvement in the Vietnam war by the United States. So it's commonly associated with that era, and the feelings it evokes have been compared to walking to your own death, especially as far as executions go.
Admiral X
Captain

Post by Admiral X »

Thought this video might be interesting as it covers the same episodes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNXPv3yb-VA
"Black care rarely sits behind a rider whose pace is fast enough."
-TR
ran76
Redshirt

Post by ran76 »

Jonathan101 wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:42 pm
The problem is is that the term "Gray Jedi" has more than one meaning that frequently crisscross whenever the person advocating the concept wants to talk about how awesome Gray Jedi are, when it's not being downplayed.
To use wrestling terminology, I always thought Grey Jedi as Faces with Heel tendencies. Basically people willing to do something bad but for good reasons.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Post by Thebestoftherest »

Too me grey Jedi should have more freedom than regular Jedi but less power than sith.
MithrandirOlorin
Captain

Post by MithrandirOlorin »

Dogma being the one who snaps and shoots Krell is kind of like the end of Death Note.