Kannazuki No Miko 11

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Archon_Wing
Redshirt

Re: Kannazuki No Miko 11

Post by Archon_Wing »

Yeesh, in a way it's nice to see Sfdebris tear into this show, because I despise it with a passion. Problem he actually has to watch it. :(

And really, I really question whoever made this request. Somehow shows are so bad it's funny to bash on them. This pile of dung, I do not think it is a good idea, because you get reminded of its horrid existence. I think it is what separates the Thresholds from the Dear Doctors. I mean they're both horrifically bad, but while Threshold I just recognize as mind-numbing stupidity, Dear Doctor is when the writers take something morally repugnant (okay, I can still deal with that, it is fiction), and expects you to support it! This isn't even some kind of juvenile attempt at being edgy. You're literally creating something evil and expecting people to support it in it while still claiming the moral high ground. And Chikane is basically that incarnate.

Yes, I'm saying this show is actually evil or whatever comes close to it. Not because it depicts immorality or because it indulges in terrible things, but it revels in being an affront to all things good, and most importantly the writers clearly think the viewers are devoid of any kind of rational or moral thinking.

It contributes nothing other than to remind us that anime has a terrible track record with same sex relationships, I guess? The entire "yuri" genre is filled to the brim with trash to the point I don't really consider it a legitimate classification though KnM definitely is the bottom of the bottom.

Oh, and btw, the manga as I've been informed of, is even worse. The anime cleaned it up. And considering this anime studio has done some truly trashy controversial stuff, well.... the abyss gazes back at you.
Redshirt

Post by Avatarian »

SuccubusYuri wrote:
Avatarian wrote:God this show is awful and creepy. And it shows how much better both Future Diary and Madoka Magica: Rebellion handled unhealthy emotional attachment. Yuno Gasai is clearly shown to be a sick person, and there is a reason she was the way she was instead of just Lust. And Homura can be seen as largely a victim, while still clearly showing the dangers of obsession.
Let's not be too generous to Madoka just yet. The all important "acknowledgment" would have to come in the fourth film, and that may very well take the path KnM took, for all we know. No reason to expect it, but it's Japan.
I mean Homura calls herself a demon, so even she seems to be aware that she is the villain at this point, plus she never SEXUALLY ASSAULTED Madoka, so even if she is forgiven it will be a lot less hard to swallow.
MithrandirOlorin
Captain

Post by MithrandirOlorin »

I recently watched an Anime called Shattered Angels, it's basically an AU Spin off of Kannazuki no Miko with no rape, it's great, it's everything this show should have been.