Comic: Age of Ultron 1

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
CrypticMirror
Captain

Comic: Age of Ultron 1

Post by CrypticMirror »

https://sfdebris.com/videos/special/ageofultron.php

For all those who wanted to know what Chuck would sound like if he was an 1845 olde timey prospector.

I hope that laryngitis has cleared up now.

Event comics just seem so pointless, and Chuck is right that it spends a lot of time just spinning its wheels with the occasional set piece designed to go on special edition covers, or grabbed by comic reviewers in lieu of story. Part of the problem Marvel and DC have with their events is that all the titles have their own ongoing stories which seldom fit with the events, and often have wildly differing tones which do not gel together at all. The Fantastic Four not quite tie-in here really nails the problem.

No more events, is what I want from both Marvel and DC. Last Event Comic I enjoyed was 2000AD's "Helter Skelter", which was a summary of all 2kAD's stories so far and a jumping on point for new readers. Which naturally every fan apart from me seemed to hate, partly because it celebrated the comic's goofier pieces of the past rather than the then grimdarkserious. Anyway, Events, just say no.
LordUltimus
Redshirt

Re: Comic: Age of Ultron 1

Post by LordUltimus »

Wow, Chuck really hates Bendis.
Wargriffin
Captain

Post by Wargriffin »

after going through Event Leviathan

Yeah Bendis and events kinda have an issue of spinning their wheels
"When you rule by fear, your greatest weakness is the one who's no longer afraid."
thetrueelec
Officer

Post by thetrueelec »

Knowing where this comic goes it's wild that they spend so long doing nothing at all, from the sounds of it this could have been an 8 issue series no problem and something would have actually happened by the end of issue 3
Rodan56
Officer

Post by Rodan56 »

So I looked up the summary for this event... wow... this thing is flippin' stupid. I people complained about Endgame's time travel being confusing and ridiculous. This stuff makes what happened on Rick and Morty's Snake Planet episode recently look tame by comparisson. You start with the robot apocalypse... and then half way through it's entirely different! This is idiotic! What made them look at this outline and say "Sure, this is cool."

I can see why barely anyone talks about this event now, it's one of those that you don't want to bother with. An eat its own tail load of nonsense. At least other events mattered in the end!
MyUserName
Officer

Post by MyUserName »

I'm guessing this was a paid request. Because honestly, I think a much more fitting and hopeful story to end the year on would have been Age of Apocalypse. That was a story that was truly epic and defined a hero's journey. Heroic characters facing hopeless and impossible odds on a journey where they will sacrifice everything to bring back a better world with more hope and life.
Rodan56
Officer

Post by Rodan56 »

MyUserName wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:02 am I'm guessing this was a paid request. Because honestly, I think a much more fitting and hopeful story to end the year on would have been Age of Apocalypse. That was a story that was truly epic and defined a hero's journey. Heroic characters facing hopeless and impossible odds on a journey where they will sacrifice everything to bring back a better world with more hope and life.
I thought he described this idea as "These are stories that are available to me through comixology Unlimited post-One More Day that I wish to cover." I'm not sure, I'll need to watch the intro again, I wasn't paying enough attention.
MyUserName
Officer

Post by MyUserName »

Rodan56 wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:08 am
MyUserName wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:02 am I'm guessing this was a paid request. Because honestly, I think a much more fitting and hopeful story to end the year on would have been Age of Apocalypse. That was a story that was truly epic and defined a hero's journey. Heroic characters facing hopeless and impossible odds on a journey where they will sacrifice everything to bring back a better world with more hope and life.
I thought he described this idea as "These are stories that are available to me through comixology Unlimited post-One More Day that I wish to cover." I'm not sure, I'll need to watch the intro again, I wasn't paying enough attention.
If he's got comixology unlimited than I cry foul for subjecting us to this. He could be covering Spider-Man 2099 by Peter F*cking David! Or the initial Battle Angel Alita run. Anything other than subjecting us to bendis.
CrypticMirror
Captain

Post by CrypticMirror »

MyUserName wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:06 am
If he's got comixology unlimited than I cry foul for subjecting us to this. He could be covering Spider-Man 2099 by Peter F*cking David! Or the initial Battle Angel Alita run. Anything other than subjecting us to bendis.
Peter David is even more litigious than CBS's bot-army when it comes to people covering his work. He's verboten on a lot of sites because of his attitude towards fans of his comics.
MyUserName
Officer

Post by MyUserName »

CrypticMirror wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:30 am
MyUserName wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:06 am
Peter David is even more litigious than CBS's bot-army when it comes to people covering his work. He's verboten on a lot of sites because of his attitude towards fans of his comics.
Peter Davids always been a champion of Geek Culture and its hard to see him preventing coverage of his work. When some media tried to attack comic book readers earlier this year, Peter David stood up for comic book and geek culture, and called out the shill media. I'll need a link showing him opposing coverage of his work.