Dragon's Lair (cartoon)

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
G-Man
Officer

Re: Dragon's Lair (cartoon)

Post by G-Man »

cdrood wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:40 pm It's not accurate to say there wasn't a game like Dragon's Lair. At the same time, there was a game called Space Ace which was the same concept, by the same creators in a Sci-Fi setting. As others already pointed out, it had a Saturday morning adaptation as well
Space Ace was actually released about 9 months after Dragon's Lair, so it is fair to say that there was nothing like Dragon's Lair when it first came out, or - which is the same thing - to say that it was the first of its kind.
"You say I'm a dreamer/we're two of a kind/looking for some perfect world/we know we'll never find" - Thompson Twins
JM24
Redshirt

Post by JM24 »

Deledrius wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 2:55 am
King Green wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 1:49 am Does anyone feel the vibe that next trilogy of episodes will be bad enough for chuck to feast on our agony?
I'm hoping it improves a bit.
I hope it doesn't! Because .S.F.Debris's comments/observations make it very enjoyable and it provides alot of potential comedic/.W.T.F. D&D or Pathfinder material. (How do you stat boulder rolling attack dogs?). If nothing else it deserves a Darths & Droids style adaption.

In my experience, (which might be different given broadcast differences here) is that decent, "Saturday Morning" cartoons are few and far between, (only Batman .T.A.S., Gargoyles, and The Perils of Penelope Pitstop spring to mind though some could probably name more) so my expectations were already low but then add on the fact it's an adaption and stretching out of a basic arcade game series and there was no way it was going to be good.

The, "What should Durk do?" segments came across more as an attempted novelty to differeniate it from other similar generic fantasy cartoon shows, (ncluding D&D) then an, "innovation".
Deledrius
Captain

Post by Deledrius »

JM24 wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:08 am In my experience, (which might be different given broadcast differences here) is that decent, "Saturday Morning" cartoons are few and far between, (only Batman .T.A.S., Gargoyles, and The Perils of Penelope Pitstop spring to mind though some could probably name more)
Batman and Gargoyles in first-run were flagship after-school weekday shows. Gargoyles was only a Saturday Morning show in its final and truncated season that was made by a different production team and widely disavowed. The stuff that was on Saturday Morning tended to be things like Garfield, and a lot of tie-in shows. Stuff that would keep kids entranced for a few hours while parents could sleep in. It always ended too soon, and frequently too abruptly, leading directly into entirely non-kid shows like Soul Train.
Beastro
Captain

Post by Beastro »

Exosquad was a Saturday Morning cartoon and often a quite early one.

Pissed me off as a kid because I wanted to watch it, but not being a morning person, I wanted my weekend sleep more...
Jonathan101
Captain

Post by Jonathan101 »

https://sfdebris.com/videos/animation/dragonslair04.php

"The day Optimus Prime was an evil wizard."

- Someone who hasn't seen the Dungeons and Dragons cartoon (but should watch and review it ASAP)
J!!
Captain

Post by J!! »

Am I the only one who thinks of Voltron, rather than transformers when hearing that voice?
Jonathan101
Captain

Post by Jonathan101 »

J!! wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:43 pm Am I the only one who thinks of Voltron, rather than transformers when hearing that voice?
Yes. Yes you are.
Mecha82
Captain

Post by Mecha82 »

Well Peter Cullen has been doing voice acting before and after G1 Transformers so you only need to pick one of his roles (or narration in case on Voltron) and you can be sure that it's similar to how he voiced G1 Optimus Prime.
"In the embrace of the great Nurgle, I am no longer afraid, for with His pestilential favour I have become that which I once most feared: Death.."
- Kulvain Hestarius of the Death Guard