Kannazuki no Miko 12

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
MithrandirOlorin
Captain

Re: Kannazuki no Miko 12

Post by MithrandirOlorin »

Now I wonder how Chuck will react to knowing a lot of people compare Chikkane to Homura?

I'd be nice to see Chuck Review something LGBTs pretty unambiguously like, but Utena is 39 episodes.
Last edited by MithrandirOlorin on Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Omnicrom
Redshirt

Post by Omnicrom »

Well Chuck sits about where I am about this tripe. Kannazuki no Miko is an incredibly bad show, which isn't very surprising considering its based on a Manga series by a pair of Z-list shockjock hacks. Everything I've seen of their output has been exactly as unpleasant and trashy as Kannazuki no Miko.

As a bonus round the manga version of Kannazuki no Miko has the two leads having their "Happy" ending being reincarnating as sisters, so you can add some incest on top of the emotional abuse and generally being awful. It's rancid garbage all the way down.
MithrandirOlorin
Captain

Post by MithrandirOlorin »

Actually the idea that lovers reincarnate as twins is a long established part of Japanese belief.
Archon_Wing
Redshirt

Post by Archon_Wing »

MithrandirOlorin wrote:Now I wonder how Chuck will react to knowing a lot of people compare Chikkane to Homura?
A lot of people are also stupid, so it's all good.

In all seriousness, yes, the director to Madoka, most indeed, made a lot of references to yuri genre cliches. I'm also glad the writing broke most of them apart as it did with either cliches And Kannazuki no Miko throwing cliches everywhere, overlap was inevitable. There might have been one scene that was fairly close with the neekid space hug, but being neekid in space in anime is pretty common too.

And yes, I'm aware that this particular show popularized a lot of them because it wasn't as common back then so fans of that sort of thing latched onto whatever they could find. Desperation is ugly.

Finally, the whole mysterious long black haired woman that has secret agendas that seem bad but is actually caring about her somewhat oblivious target of affection is literally in every other anime. Lots of examples here. So indeed, Homura compares to a lot of characters simply because her character was designed for a number of meta reasons on top of a writer and director that really, really likes that kind of stuff.
jstrahan
Officer

Post by jstrahan »

MithrandirOlorin wrote: I'd be nice to see Chuck Review something LGBTs pretty unambiguously like, but Utena is 30 episodes.
What's the problem? He's doing Inuyasha and that's over 200 episodes. :D
Edvarius
Officer

Post by Edvarius »

jstrahan wrote:
MithrandirOlorin wrote: I'd be nice to see Chuck Review something LGBTs pretty unambiguously like, but Utena is 30 episodes.
*spittake*

He's what?!

Please tell me you didn't force him to watch every single episode. Please tell me he can dump a whole lotta episodes into one video and not have to do an individual review for each one.

(Also, there are 193 episodes if you include Final Act. Plus 4 movies. There are also some video games, with at least two of them being JRPGs. If you're curious I actually did my own dive through the series here, though it's in text rather than video. For a TL:DR on it, here's the final thoughts post.)
Aotrs Commander
Officer

Post by Aotrs Commander »

So, I'm getting the strange impression that Chuck did not like this show...!

(I mean, that monkey-in-a-wareshouse crack was almost Jim Sterling-y! (And please take that as the complement it was intended!))
Archon_Wing
Redshirt

Post by Archon_Wing »

jstrahan wrote:
:(

Now, while certainly it is not one of the worst things in the world (especially compared to this here), there's a huge opportunity cost here!
fundefined
Redshirt

Post by fundefined »

Oh god, he's doing Inuyasha? Fucking why? At best, Inuyasha is interesting for its impact on other anime and manga and its take on Japanese mythology. Chuck is exactly the wrong kind of reviewer for it.
J!!
Captain

Post by J!! »

has the poor man not suffered enough for you people?