TOR Bounty Hunter

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Archanubis
Officer

Re: TOR Bounty Hunter

Post by Archanubis »

I'll be honest; had it been an option to kill companions when the game launched, yeah, I would have shot Gault at the end of his little chase on Tatooine. I'm kind of glad that wasn't an option, 'cause Gault became one of my favorite characters from the Bounty Hunter line. Plus, the fact that he's voiced by Daran Norris means I got to have Knock Out on my team. :D
hammerofglass
Captain

Post by hammerofglass »

On the other hand, Skadge. It makes absolutely no sense for any bounty hunter who isn't a deep-dark-side murderous thug to let him on the crew or keep him around. Especially if you're going for the "Honorable Mando" roleplay route he really shouldn't have survived the first encounter.

Although given the way the Bioware reviews usually go I half expect Chuck to reveal some hidden depth that puts the character in a new light.
...for space is wide, and good friends are too few.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Post by Thebestoftherest »

Hey did chuck ever explain why he stop changing outfits?
chaos42
Officer

Post by chaos42 »

mathewgsmith wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:40 pm On the other hand, Skadge. It makes absolutely no sense for any bounty hunter who isn't a deep-dark-side murderous thug to let him on the crew or keep him around. Especially if you're going for the "Honorable Mando" roleplay route he really shouldn't have survived the first encounter.

Although given the way the Bioware reviews usually go I half expect Chuck to reveal some hidden depth that puts the character in a new light.
not sure so far there has been that deep a depth to go into, the next part there is but think about what your dealing with the imperial agent -loads of secrets ect. the sith -both of them secrets are a given, but the bounty hunter is a job plain and simple your paid to go find and capture/kill people. thats what you do but he has pointed out his work ethic which is just as important, you don't kill unless you need to or your being paid to. bounty hunting is a job and money is the end goal, with the sith its power, money just helps you get more power, with the imperial agent its a cause and you use what ever work.

Plus consider that if this was the old west bounty hunting was just that a job. it was used because law men were few and far between so finding someone and bringing them in took a lot of effort if they fled some where else which is what a lot of crooks would do, you pull enough jobs in an area they will figure out who you are, and since there is a limit to how much human contact you can cut out of your life and you probably need more than one person to pull these kinds of jobs, then you are going to have to have other people involved and eventually you will either be caught or id at least meaning everyone around will know about you meaning you have to go some where else. and then they start sending bounty hunters after you for the reward. so go far enough and you can get away. with star wars thats much the same while they have a holo net and communications there is an infinite amount of space and while there are limited number of planets that are in them searching them all is daunting task.

In our time bounty hunters don't really exist in the same context their not really bounty hunters their bail bondsmen who have a fee paid and are there to collect it -i disapprove of a lot of what they do as they break the law themselves in many cases as they are not police. but thats another topic. but in the modern day bounty hunting isn't a big thing in the usa because they don't offer rewards dead or alive like they used to. Though in star wars which is fantasy story meets the old west story it does work.

I do like the armor. it is a sign of being an ace bounty hunter in star wars. you can always tell a bounty hunter is a tough customer by one if they have a good set of armor, most aren't actually wearing armor they are wearing something else. second face mask, which is an obvious because why not armor your head. and finally multiple different weapons on gauntlets and different blasters. with those you know its someone who knows its the right tool for the right job. unlike most that are disposable because only one gun.
stellar_coyote
Officer

Post by stellar_coyote »

One thing I liked about "The Mandalorian" is that with the fall of the Empire and the collapse of the major underworld powers, the only work the hero has in the beginning is basically as an intergalactic bail bondsman. That little touch of realism.

Anyway, part 4 is up. I wonder if the Defenestrator got its nickname for making the targets look like they jumped out of windows.
Seaward
Redshirt

Post by Seaward »

I'm amused by that Jedi's comment that "revenge profits no one", considering it's sure as hell going to profit the guy sent to take revenge on the Mandalorians' behalf"!

stellar_coyote wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:43 pm One thing I liked about "The Mandalorian" is that with the fall of the Empire and the collapse of the major underworld powers, the only work the hero has in the beginning is basically as an intergalactic bail bondsman. That little touch of realism.
More than that, in the first episode IG-11 makes demands based on the protocol of 'the Bondsman Guild' rather than the more common term 'the Bounty Hunters' Guild'. Makes me wonder if the former was the original name, and the original purpose, and the rise of corruption and underworld crime ended up contributing to a little...'mission creep'.
SuperJyls
Redshirt

Post by SuperJyls »

All the anti-Jedi rants are getting really cringe, a problem with his game is that the story just writes the Jedi antagonists that move forward as shamelessly hypocritical and evil, because it doesn't want to really confront the dark, ugly sides of Mandalorian "honor". It's really a shame that the Jedi stories do a better job making the Sith look morally complex and sympathetic villains than the Imperial stories do for the Jedi.

This type of writing has always been a problem in modern Star Wars, trying to 'both sides' the Jedi and their enemies when said enemies are literally edgelord facists or fetishistic war mongers
Philistine
Redshirt

Post by Philistine »

mathewgsmith wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:40 pm On the other hand, Skadge. It makes absolutely no sense for any bounty hunter who isn't a deep-dark-side murderous thug to let him on the crew or keep him around. Especially if you're going for the "Honorable Mando" roleplay route he really shouldn't have survived the first encounter.

Then again, deep-dark-side murderous thugs are the characters most likely to outright kill someone upside the head just for being an inconvenience - and Skadge is certainly an inconvenience. Then he shows up and demands that you allow him to join your crew just because. He doesn't have any leverage. He doesn't really make you an offer. He... kinda doesn't really give a reason, at all, for why you'd want to let him sign on with your crew. And instead of laughing in his stupid, blundering, sadistic face, you let him aboard your ship. For some reason. It's astonishing, but BioWare somehow managed to write something into the Hunter story that annoyed me even more than all the Mando Crap. That thing is Skadge.

I'm pretty sure Skadge doesn't have any hidden depths. He's a violent psychopath, and the only thing he enjoys more than hurting people is killing them. He doesn't talk about much beyond his body count, and the people he wants to add to it. The phrase "nasty piece of work" might have been coined just to describe Skadge. He brings nothing to the table. He's even more pointless than Broonmark, whose training could at least be a hobby project for a sufficiently DS Sith Warrior who wants a pet monster to call their own.
Coyote's Own
Redshirt

Post by Coyote's Own »

"He rasied an army to attack Mandalor"
"My son, the planet, or me?"
"Yes"
stellar_coyote
Officer

Post by stellar_coyote »

Coyote's Own wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:24 am "He rasied an army to attack Mandalor"
"My son, the planet, or me?"
"Yes"
Friggin' smartass.