Endgame (VOY)

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
JonathanVik
Redshirt

Re: Endgame (VOY)

Post by JonathanVik »

I haven't watched Picard yet, but I heard its a drastically differnet future than the one shown in this episode. Does this mean Voyager returning early had huge changes to the time? Was it worth it I wonder to cause all these changes to save three people?
CrypticMirror
Captain

Post by CrypticMirror »

JonathanVik wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:17 pm I haven't watched Picard yet, but I heard its a drastically differnet future than the one shown in this episode. Does this mean Voyager returning early had huge changes to the time? Was it worth it I wonder to cause all these changes to save three people?
The biggest change getting Janeway back early brought about was that Starfleet got totally petty and pissy britches, because in All Good Things Starfleet didn't get its collective panties in a wad about letting Picard go off on one last quest. That is the impact of Janeway, a meaner and nastier, and more spiteful, Starfleet.
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

CrypticMirror wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:48 pm
JonathanVik wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:17 pm I haven't watched Picard yet, but I heard its a drastically differnet future than the one shown in this episode. Does this mean Voyager returning early had huge changes to the time? Was it worth it I wonder to cause all these changes to save three people?
The biggest change getting Janeway back early brought about was that Starfleet got totally petty and pissy britches, because in All Good Things Starfleet didn't get its collective panties in a wad about letting Picard go off on one last quest. That is the impact of Janeway, a meaner and nastier, and more spiteful, Starfleet.
Fitting.
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
CrypticMirror
Captain

Post by CrypticMirror »

Last edited by CrypticMirror on Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CrypticMirror
Captain

Post by CrypticMirror »

Madner Kami wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:19 pm
CrypticMirror wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:48 pm
Fitting.
I just realised, Janeway killed Data. She was the one who sent the Enterprise on the near suicide mission in Nemesis, so Data's death is a hundred percent on her. Proof? In All Good Things in the original timeline, Data is still alive. Whatever Insane Admiral who was in charge of poking the Romulan Bear in it must either have sent a different ship, or found another way to handle Shinzon. Bloody, bloody, bloody, Janeway.
GreyICE
Captain

Post by GreyICE »

So Janeway killed Data, destroyed the Enterprise, and turned the Federation into a self-centered, petty, and vindictive institution?

Damn. I bet Harry Kim is still on his hands and knees in her office playing human footrest.
Knowledge-Based Education – We oppose the teaching of Higher Order Thinking Skills (HOTS) (values clarification), critical thinking skills and similar programs

- Republican Party Platform
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

When the running gag turns out to not be a joke, but harsh reality... :lol:
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
CrypticMirror
Captain

Post by CrypticMirror »

I'll say this though, the bright coloured shoulder flashes on the new Janeway timeline uniforms are better than the maroon monstrosities with the high waisted trousers of the real Prime timeline from All Good Things and Endgame. So there is that.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Post by Thebestoftherest »

Wait a second this is a entertainment call endgame with time travel, did Marvel rip this off.
JonathanVik
Redshirt

Post by JonathanVik »

Thebestoftherest wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:29 pm Wait a second this is a entertainment call endgame with time travel, did Marvel rip this off.
You're right. Both about correcting deaths and mistakes in the past. Although Tony Stark isn't insane enough to actually change history and just wants to bring those people back and keep everything the way it was. Yeah, did the makers of that movie see this episode before hand?