TOR Bounty Hunter

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Re: TOR Bounty Hunter

Post by CharlesPhipps »

I kind of regret that Chuck didn't take the Supreme Chancellor's offer because **** that Sith Lord.
Worffan101
Captain

Post by Worffan101 »

I am super psyched for Chuck's take on KOTFE/KOTET. I've played it (and will be suffering it again because I rolled a new Warrior PURELY so I could properly romance my favorite character this time because I screwed it up last time, yes I literally have OCD) and have been banging my head against the wall trying to fix-fic it for a while now. (suffice it to say that it requires major reworking, and is a meh story anyway when you get through that, and should have been 4 separate stories with 2 prologues for each story)
MightyDavidson
Officer

Post by MightyDavidson »

CharlesPhipps wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 11:28 pm I kind of regret that Chuck didn't take the Supreme Chancellor's offer because **** that Sith Lord.
That's what I did when I played the Bounty Hunter. Galt didn't approve but screw him, the Sith Lord Force choked Mako and nobody attacks my Companions.
Riedquat
Captain

Post by Riedquat »

All of this suggests TOR has lots of decent story stuff. As someone who's never played it (not being interested in the online aspects) is it worth playing just for that, and can the online aspects be completely ignored?
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

Riedquat wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:56 pm All of this suggests TOR has lots of decent story stuff. As someone who's never played it (not being interested in the online aspects) is it worth playing just for that, and can the online aspects be completely ignored?
I'd argue that it's 5-6 different decent Bioware games. They may get a bit repetitive due to reused assets but even the worst of the main storylines isn't terrible. The Eternal Empire storyline is also great....were it to have not been the most railroady railed storyline ever for anyone not a LS Jedi or Sith Lord.
AkatsukiLeader13
Redshirt

Post by AkatsukiLeader13 »

Yeah, pretty much. The base storylines are all pretty good if at times repetitive. And as Chuck as shown, there are some interesting aspects to them. It's been years since I've played them but I recall at least likely all of them, while loving the Inquisitor and Imperial Agent ones. Though I do also recall liking the Imperial ones more than the Republic ones, I think because were a little bit more layered and interesting than the Republic ones, especially the two Jedi storylines which I recall being good but pretty standard Jedi fare.
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

AkatsukiLeader13 wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:52 am Yeah, pretty much. The base storylines are all pretty good if at times repetitive. And as Chuck as shown, there are some interesting aspects to them. It's been years since I've played them but I recall at least likely all of them, while loving the Inquisitor and Imperial Agent ones. Though I do also recall liking the Imperial ones more than the Republic ones, I think because were a little bit more layered and interesting than the Republic ones, especially the two Jedi storylines which I recall being good but pretty standard Jedi fare.
The Republic stories seem a bit paint by the numbers. Bioware tends to very much like to gray up their worlds.
AkatsukiLeader13
Redshirt

Post by AkatsukiLeader13 »

CharlesPhipps wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:02 am
AkatsukiLeader13 wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:52 am Yeah, pretty much. The base storylines are all pretty good if at times repetitive. And as Chuck as shown, there are some interesting aspects to them. It's been years since I've played them but I recall at least likely all of them, while loving the Inquisitor and Imperial Agent ones. Though I do also recall liking the Imperial ones more than the Republic ones, I think because were a little bit more layered and interesting than the Republic ones, especially the two Jedi storylines which I recall being good but pretty standard Jedi fare.
The Republic stories seem a bit paint by the numbers. Bioware tends to very much like to gray up their worlds.
Indeed. Even KotOR1 which gets painted as 'typical' Star Wars story when compared to it's sequel had a lot of grey beneath the surface. While the Republic stories do have moments like that, compared to the Imperial storylines they come across as dry, black and white. It really is a shame given the Imperial ones they were up against. Like even before Chuck did these series, I could remember details on the four Imperial storylines but I struggle to remember more than the broad strokes of the Republic ones. The Trooper was chasing after an elite Republic unit that had defected. The Consular was seeking a cure to a sickness striking down Jedi Masters that was being engineered by the Sith. The Knight was going up against the Emperor. And the Smuggler was... hunting treasure I think?
Philistine
Redshirt

Post by Philistine »

The Smuggler was treasure hunting, and trying to dodge the wrath (expressed in the form of an assassination contract) of a galactic-scale crime lord. I mostly remember Smuggler for the fact that the big "twist" near the end was so insultingly obvious - right from the Prologue!
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

Philistine wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:07 am The Smuggler was treasure hunting, and trying to dodge the wrath (expressed in the form of an assassination contract) of a galactic-scale crime lord. I mostly remember Smuggler for the fact that the big "twist" near the end was so insultingly obvious - right from the Prologue!
I admit the Smuggler elements I remember most are the oddball personal details. Like your archenemy is repeatedly sending his not terribly smart ex-girlfriends after you--possibly with the intent you kill them. I mean, there's evil and there's just being a douchebag.

Also the fact you can sleep with your LI's best friend....twice.

The parts against an Imperial Grand Admial are just kind of boring.