What happens when there is no more ST/Mr. Chuck reviews all of classic ST?

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
RobbyB1982
Captain

Re: What happens when there is no more ST/Mr. Chuck reviews all of classic ST?

Post by RobbyB1982 »

Chuck reduced the frequency of Trek episodes a while ago to keep himself from running out so fast, but even though that's his bread and butter and the first thing that pulls people to the site, ( I think the archive of 700 episodes will still do fine for that) he has so many other sci-fi shows on the schedule now he'll never run out. Stargate and Doctor Who have tooooons of stuff left, and he just started Supernatural for better or worse. The DC animated stuff, transformers, etc... he's not running out of material any time soon.

He also does books and there's no end to classic sci-fi/fantasy books to cover.

He is, surprisingly, probably going to finish Babylon 5 before he finishes all of Trek off. I didn't used to think that the case because he stopped doing them for a loooong time, but one of his big patrons has been steadily requesting everything in sequence for some time now, and now we're more than halfway through season 3 out of 5. There's only about 45 episodes left plus three movies.

Crusade adds 13 more episodes if there's completion to consider but... that was kind of an unfinished mess.
Last edited by RobbyB1982 on Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Post by Thebestoftherest »

Plus the MCU.
Poipoi
Redshirt

Post by Poipoi »

Captain Crimson wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:17 am So, yeah, I figured I'd put this question up here. Where do you think the site, and indeed, the show will head once Mr. Chuck has finished the reviews for all of classic ST? TOS, TNG, DS9, VOY, and ENT? ST made the show what it is, yet people stayed for the reviewer himself.

I know we still got modern ST coming out, but what do you foresee taking place? How about if, when all is said and done and the modern ST shows wrap up, a vid is released on their placement in regard to the older shows? Do you see someone paying for that? Let me know down below, smash out a reply, and I'll talk to you guys again soon.
I would still hang around as long as he makes some material ( doesn't have to be StarTrek) to watch. I enjoy his reactions to the many other shows and video games. I may have come to see some reviews of StarTrek but I stay because I love it all.

I also see people still paying for the material he makes that aren't StarTrek related. Esp anime as it's kinda funny to see the poor man try to understand it.
griffeytrek
Officer

Post by griffeytrek »

I still think watching him take on Star Trek Online, the same way he is doing with Star Wars The Old Republic would make for some good watching. Plus he still has three seasons of the Orville, and lots of other goodies. Plus I mean even the people that don't like the new Trek series will still watch Chuck's videos making fun of them. I mean look what he did with Voyager and Janeway's popularity! He actually succeeded in turning her intoa more interesting character, whenever you go back and watch the show. Just by making her an actual psychopath.
SFDebris
The Doctor

Post by SFDebris »

RobbyB1982 wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:07 am Chuck reduced the frequency of Trek episodes a while ago to keep himself from running out so fast,
To correct that: it was that I had few ST reviews left, and LOTS of other stuff left. It made sense to swap in the occasional movie or miniseries in its place (or Star Trek-inspired works for Chaos Mode). I'm not afraid of running out of classic Trek any time soon, I'm just more afraid of the consequences of not getting the queue emptied before much longer.
“I can't give you a sure-fire formula for success, but I can give you a formula for failure: try to please everybody all the time.”

― Herbert Bayard Swope
Captain Crimson
Captain

Post by Captain Crimson »

SFDebris wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:53 am
RobbyB1982 wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:07 am Chuck reduced the frequency of Trek episodes a while ago to keep himself from running out so fast,
To correct that: it was that I had few ST reviews left, and LOTS of other stuff left. It made sense to swap in the occasional movie or miniseries in its place (or Star Trek-inspired works for Chaos Mode). I'm not afraid of running out of classic Trek any time soon, I'm just more afraid of the consequences of not getting the queue emptied before much longer.
How big is the queue, so far?
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Captain Crimson wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:33 am
The size of the great wall
Captain Crimson
Captain

Thebestoftherest wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:59 pm
Do you mean Mr. 45's failed attempt at the Great, Great Wall of 'Murica? Or the Great Wall of China? :mrgreen:
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Captain Crimson wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:18 pm
Do you mean Mr. 45's failed attempt at the Great, Great Wall of 'Murica? Or the Great Wall of China? :mrgreen:
Great wall of china the only wall worth talking about.
Captain Crimson
Captain

Thebestoftherest wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:52 pm
Captain Crimson wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:18 pm
Great wall of china the only wall worth talking about.
Absolutely valid, haha. I mean, if the Great, Great Wall of 'Murica can't stand up to a little wind, imagine when the cartels come knocking. 8-)