Blake 7: Mission to Destiny

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
clearspira
Overlord

Blake 7: Mission to Destiny

Post by clearspira »

Avon rates as one of my all time favourite sci-fi characters - and its all down to that smile and that wit. This is a man who you could put in the same room as Tony Stark and Rodney McKay and have him silence them both. Even in a bad episode, Avon shines.

I agree with Chuck's rating. Its a bit ''3rd episode of Tom Baker's Dr Who.'' Y'know, how back in Classic Who they would have these 6 episode spanning stories but only episodes 1, 2 and 6 actually meant anything because the rest was just filler? I like to imagine that come episode 4 we would discover that the valuable chemical that Blake was transporting was actually a Cyberman plot, and episode 5 would end with a cliffhanger where you would see a Cybermat trying to hack into Orac.
We used to argue whether Star Trek or Star Wars was better. Now we argue which one is worse.
Robovski
Captain

Re: Blake 7: Mission to Destiny

Post by Robovski »

Link for the episode's review: https://sfdebris.com/videos/blakes7/blakes7s1e7.php

Something about thin swinging doors on a "spaceship" that really does feel like cheap set. Yes, you can have swing doors on a ship, and maybe interior doors should be flimsy privacy screens, but the episode screams bottle episode. That said, I still enjoy the ride for our team, always good to see Avon and Blake doing their thing.