Superman AS: World's Finest

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Re: Superman AS: World's Finest

Post by Thebestoftherest »

TulipQulqu wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:52 pm
Thebestoftherest wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:33 am
Scififan wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:04 pm Even thought it was off screen, I loved the fight between Mercy and Harley.
Is it me or did Mercy never catch on like Harley did, maybe it the outfit.
Mercy is just so much less visually interesting than Harley. Her whole deal is that she is Lex's "normal assistant " (for a DCAU character, she cuts a striking figure).

The Zack Synder movies had her just die without getting any notable lines. Because of course they did.

Oh and fun fact, while looking to double check this stuff I found out that Mercy Graves was once voiced by Tara Strong, who voices Harley in a lot of things. Tara Strong seems to have been basically half the DC female roster at one time or another.
Which is ironic because they go out of their way to not give Harley a good outfit, I mean seriously with the exception to the Harley quinn cartoon, almost every outfit she wore since the arkham games are garbage, the live action ones especially.
TulipQulqu
Officer

Post by TulipQulqu »

Thebestoftherest wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:13 pm
Which is ironic because they go out of their way to not give Harley a good outfit, I mean seriously with the exception to the Harley quinn cartoon, almost every outfit she wore since the arkham games are garbage, the live action ones especially.
Hard disagree. Bumblegum colors twin tails were a good addition to her look. Moving away from always using the jumpsuit was also a good move. The bodice and shorts design keeps her core aesthetic, seems like something easier to move in (basically its pro-wrestling women's gear when drawn right), and makes cosplayers happier since the number of variations on it the comics show lets them be creative while still obviously being the character.

The Harley Quinn show they have been doing also makes a point of her new outfit being part of her effort to break with just being Joker's girl. The show is good.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

I disagree I am not against changing her outfit but most of the time they seem to care more about trying to show off her butt and breasts than they ever could a theme or just making the outfit look good. Her bird of prey outfit looks like a kidbop pimp.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

That's mainly just true for 2016 Suicide Squad which was made right in the middle of the studios' conceptual revisioning for more progressively oriented media.
Power laces... alright.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

The bird of prey outfit isn't much better.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

The birds of prey outfit is more fun and comfortable.

Overall though, I'm still a sucker for the original Harlequin costume.
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Just perfer it to look like an actual costume than random pieces of clothes they hobble together
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

I guess yeah it was mainly changed in the game.

My personal favorite is in between the show and game styles from the Assault on Arkham movie based on the game universe but is still half red half black.
Power laces... alright.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:58 pm I guess yeah it was mainly changed in the game.

My personal favorite is in between the show and game styles from the Assault on Arkham movie based on the game universe but is still half red half black.
Yeah, atleast they try to keep the theme there.
TulipQulqu
Officer

Post by TulipQulqu »

Thebestoftherest wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:52 pm Just perfer it to look like an actual costume than random pieces of clothes they hobble together
Most depictions of Harley in the comics and animated stuff keep this look Image

Though that particular image has a bit more in the chest than I think is normal for the character, you can still see the black and red with abstract shapes motif.