Babylon 5: TKO

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
RobbyB1982
Captain

Re: Babylon 5: TKO

Post by RobbyB1982 »

Rocketboy1313 wrote:I had assumed the Christmas special was going to be "Star Trek Into Darkness".
Into Darkness isn't as bad as Shatner's Ego Fest 5, and it isn't the near franchise killer that Nemesis was.

It's not good, but its not the worst of the films.
Wargriffin
Captain

Post by Wargriffin »

RobbyB1982 wrote:
Rocketboy1313 wrote:I had assumed the Christmas special was going to be "Star Trek Into Darkness".
Into Darkness isn't as bad as Shatner's Ego Fest 5, and it isn't the near franchise killer that Nemesis was.

It's not good, but its not the worst of the films.
and its really only the worst out of the Reboot Movies due to only having three to pick from.
"When you rule by fear, your greatest weakness is the one who's no longer afraid."
J!!
Captain

Post by J!! »

While it wasn't great but any means, I always felt it was at least a bit of a step up from the previous film.
Darth Wedgius
Captain

Post by Darth Wedgius »

I thought it might be "Spike at Your Service" mostly because it's short and he might be a bit shy on time this year with video stuff. But I know he gets static from the MLP videos (which I can understand -- it's in the purview of SFDebris but it's kind of on the edge of it) and the Christmas episode was probably done or mostly done a while ago.
I barely remember TKO... Which is a little odd because I re-watched the episodes in the middle of last year. Then again, maybe that's why it earned a spot on the naughty list...
AlucardNoir
Officer

Post by AlucardNoir »

"Worst episode of the show... " Grey 17 is Missing called, I think it's saying: "Thank you Mr. Sonnenberg, thank you" ? I think... I can't really make it all out, not through all that sobbing.
If Chuck or a mod reads this feel free do delete my account. I would do it myself but I don't seem to be able to find a delete account option. phpBB should have such an option but I guess this isn't stock phpBB.
Wargriffin
Captain

Post by Wargriffin »

AlucardNoir wrote:"Worst episode of the show... " Grey 17 is Missing called, I think it's saying: "Thank you Mr. Sonnenberg, thank you" ? I think... I can't really make it all out, not through all that sobbing.
Those tears of joy
"When you rule by fear, your greatest weakness is the one who's no longer afraid."
Mickey_Rat15
Officer

Post by Mickey_Rat15 »

The A plot for this reminds me of Jean Claude Van Damme's "Bloodsport". However, that was supposed tp be a more illegal tournament. Having the Mutai be held on Babylon 5, a human controlled station with the station's head LEO participating in Smith's corner, takes some of the dangerous, underground element away. As Chuck points out, why is this on Babylon 5 in the first place, since humans are unwelcome to participate (or is that actually just Smith, because he is an entitled asshole?), rather than on whatever world this first sprang up on?
A managed democracy is a wonderful thing... for the managers... and its greatest strength is a 'free press' when 'free' is defined as 'responsible' and the managers define what is 'irresponsible'.”

― Robert A. Heinlein, The Moon Is a Harsh Mistress
Fixer
Doctor's Assistant

Post by Fixer »

I think it's at least a good comment for Babylon 5's writing that the worst episode is merely stupid and boring as opposed to morally abhorrent and character assassinating.

Also, Merry Christmas everyone :)
Thread ends here. Cut along dotted line.
------8<--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AlucardNoir
Officer

Post by AlucardNoir »

Mickey_Rat15 wrote:The A plot for this reminds me of Jean Claude Van Damme's "Bloodsport". However, that was supposed tp be a more illegal tournament. Having the Mutai be held on Babylon 5, a human controlled station with the station's head LEO participating in Smith's corner, takes some of the dangerous, underground element away. As Chuck points out, why is this on Babylon 5 in the first place, since humans are unwelcome to participate (or is that actually just Smith, because he is an entitled asshole?), rather than on whatever world this first sprang up on?
Well, the Mutai seems to be a sport practiced by multiple nonterestrial races so to ask why it's not on it's world of origin as opposed to B5 is stupid.

As to why it's on B5, why not? the station is supposed to be a major hub for trade, commerce and diplomacy - thing is though, B5 isn't the UN headquarters in NY or Geneva, it's a small city in it's own right. It's the UN headquarters, the hotels were all the people that work there - from the people that swipe the floor all the way up to the ambassadors live - it's the place were all the recycling and reclamation plants for the UN building are, it's... well, it's a small city and everything that that entails, including entertainment and why not, sports. Now, true, it's a city under Human control, but it's still one of the major trade hubs of the region.

Asking why there is a Mutai arena there would be like asking why there was a boxing gym in New York. Or are you assuming there is only one Mutai contest in the whole galaxy? I don't really follow sports and even I know that's not how any competition works.
If Chuck or a mod reads this feel free do delete my account. I would do it myself but I don't seem to be able to find a delete account option. phpBB should have such an option but I guess this isn't stock phpBB.
Jokie155
Redshirt

Post by Jokie155 »

Apparently, taking time to slow down and develop the characters in a more focused way, without having to worry as much about an overarching plot, is dull, boring and pointless.

Yeah, I like Grail as well, I like a lot of Season 1 over Season 2. I like the in-depth looks, the character pieces. I literally came back to the forum just to put out my own opinion on the episode.