10 Years of SFDebris

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
RobbyB1982
Captain

Re: 10 Years of SFDebris

Post by RobbyB1982 »

Thank you Chuck for all the entertainment. I recognized most of the clips but must admit I still didn't quiiiite get all of them.

Gotta admit the slow song didn't quite work for me at first, but by the end I was a bit choked up.
AlucardNoir wrote:That's it? that's the 10th aniversary special he's been hyping for the past few months?
The tenth anniversary is going to last all year.

It *starts* with the Discovery episode.
Admiral X
Captain

Post by Admiral X »

Hard to believe it's been 10 years already. Seems like it's gone so fast. :/
"Black care rarely sits behind a rider whose pace is fast enough."
-TR
Darth Wedgius
Captain

Post by Darth Wedgius »

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate.

Well, I didn't actually see those things so much as watch SfDebris review other people seeing them, which was safer and more fun.

Thank you, Charles.
AlucardNoir
Officer

Post by AlucardNoir »

RobbyB1982 wrote:Thank you Chuck for all the entertainment. I recognized most of the clips but must admit I still didn't quiiiite get all of them.

Gotta admit the slow song didn't quite work for me at first, but by the end I was a bit choked up.
AlucardNoir wrote:That's it? that's the 10th aniversary special he's been hyping for the past few months?
The tenth anniversary is going to last all year.

It *starts* with the Discovery episode.
Discovery... well, he has my commiserations. having to sit through that dreck again, and again, and again so he can make a video review. I don't envy him. But a whole year you say? well this should be fun.
If Chuck or a mod reads this feel free do delete my account. I would do it myself but I don't seem to be able to find a delete account option. phpBB should have such an option but I guess this isn't stock phpBB.
Independent George
Officer

Post by Independent George »

Has it really been 10 years? Wow... and I still haven't finished watching the backlog.
Jedi Commisar
Redshirt

Post by Jedi Commisar »

DAv wrote:
Jedi Commisar wrote:So what is the name of the song used for this video?
The song's called In Time by Robbi Robb.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTYcOQnJaSI
Thank you very mutch
yamiangie
Redshirt

Post by yamiangie »

As always Chuck is a talented music video editor. Since I'm on a kick I'm very glad the clip from justice league unlimited was Huntress and The Question.
Steve
Doctor's Assistant

Post by Steve »

Ten years. I can still remember when Chuck started this stuff on YouTube and the links would get posted on SDN. Actually, IIRC he still posted on SDN at the time. And while I never interacted with him very much, he was one of the better known posters on alt.startrek.vs.starwars back in the day, and like many ASVSers made the leap to SDN when Mike Wong picked up the free version of phpBB.

For the record, I was, and still am, a poster at the Spacebattles web site forums, and we had a... complicated relationship with ASVS and SDN. Given that whole "invasion" thing back in 2000. 8-) (That I've also been a mod and, briefly, a Senator on SDN shows how that hatchet eventually got buried.)

Anyway, I bring this up because I actually feel disappointed in myself for not talking to Chuck back in the day, because his work, and seeing what kind of person he is through said work, has been a true blessing in my life. He has given voice to thoughts and concepts, expectations, that I never knew I felt or had until he made me think about it. I have taken his credo on creating fictional material - that what you write should entertain, inform, or inspire - to heart. His emphasis on tolerance when, for years, people seem to have been letting tolerance fall by the wayside, is an inspiration, and stem from an optimistic view of humanity that I share. Not blind to our faults, not ignorant to how far we can sink, but understanding how we can be so much better than we sometimes are and encouraging people to reach for those heights.

If you think I'm gushing too much, or sucking up in some way, or if you think I'm spot on... that's just fine by me. We are, after all, just viewers with an opinion. ;)

To sum this up: Chuck, thank you for these ten wonderful years in which you have entertained, informed, and inspired me. I look forward to ten more. :)

(Heh, we'll need them if he's ever to get to Legend of Korra's finale :lol: 8-) ).
"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

Administrator of SFD, Former Spacebattles Super-Mod, Veteran Chatnik. And multiverse crossover-loving writer, of course!
Winter
Captain

Post by Winter »

I'm not gonna lie, I got a little teary eyed while watching Chuck's 10 Years of SF Debris. And I gotta say that this site has helped make this past 10 years a lot more fun and when life turned to s#!t every now and then this site helped make the world a bit more bearable. Here's to another 10 Years of watching a viewer with a opinion.

Live Long & Prosper and May The Force be with you. :D
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

Can't believe it's been ten years already. It seems just like yesterday he had the fifth special (in "Emanations"). When did all of you discover SF Debris's channel? For me, it was by someone who was inspired to create their own video reviews in his style, the Pop Arena, and in 2012, I finally figured I'd just bite the bullet and check out his show.
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
— Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords