Divided We Fall (Justice league)

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Re: Divided We Fall (Justice league)

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Anybody else think season 3 of this show was way awesome?
..What mirror universe?
Independent George
Officer

Post by Independent George »

CmdrKing wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:49 pm
Lap 1: Energy released by a hurricane in 1 second
Lap 2: Energy released by a hurricane in 1 second
Lap 3: Energy released by a hurricane in 1 second
Lap 4: Equivalent to the explosion 1 Megaton of TNT
Lap 5: Yearly consumption of electricity in Mongolia
Lap 6: About the yield of the Tsar bomb, the largest nuclear weapon ever tested
Lap 7 onwards: Higher than the yield of the Tsar bomb

Supposedly, this isn't even close to how fast Flash can run since 40,000 km/s is nowhere close to the speed of light. Granted, hitting Brainiac Luther with about 6 atom bombs is pretty notable.
Remember also that the energy transferred was localized into Flash's fists (maybe 30 square centimeters), and not dispersed over a wide area like each of those examples. It's like a sabot round from a tank cannon - the sheer amount of kinetic energy being transferred causes its target to explode.

Also, I think the required secondary superpowers that allow Flash to survive delivering those punches basically means he's about the toughest being alive.
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

Honestly, the Flash in the DCAU up until this point was very, VERY slow compared to the Flash of the comic book who can whip into other dimensions and time travel with the ease of putting on a glove.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

clearspira wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:13 am Honestly, the Flash in the DCAU up until this point was very, VERY slow compared to the Flash of the comic book who can whip into other dimensions and time travel with the ease of putting on a glove.
I feel like the powers of all the superheroes in the DCAU to be a bit retarded. Superman can't fly in space without a suit. Flash doesn't ever vibrate or become intangible or anything. Flash seems to get it the worst.
..What mirror universe?
FaxModem1
Captain

Post by FaxModem1 »

That's not really a bug though, it's a feature. Superman, while being a powerhouse, isn't sneezing and destroying galaxies or anything like that. They're uber powerful, but not ridiculously so.
Eishtmo
Officer

Post by Eishtmo »

Actually, if I remember right the first episode Flash appeared in (in Superman), he did vibrate to get out of a block of ice.

Still, yes, they aren't stupid powerful in DCAU because, well, it would be stupid. They're grounded enough to be realistic (as superheroes go anyway). Keeps the stories more interesting
CmdrKing
Captain

Post by CmdrKing »

To some extent the showrunners made a conscious effort to show Superman, Flash, and Green Lantern as more powerful as the show progressed it should be noted. They worked this into their character arcs in fact (Flash in this episode, a GL-centered episode about him relearning to use his ring more creatively, and of course the famed World of Cardboard speech form Superman in the finale). But keep in mind that these guys had been writing Batman for most of the DCAU, and thus were used to more grounded problems, which bled over into weakening the stronger League members, both consciously and unconsciously.

Now all that said, even at their peaks in the DCAU the strongest members of the league were NOWHERE NEAR their power heights in the comics: Flash can't phase into parallel universes, I doubt this Supes could sing a song that destroys Darkseid. But there is evidence to suggest they were downplaying their powers more than they meant to.
Rocketboy1313
Captain

Post by Rocketboy1313 »

Independent George wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:15 am
CmdrKing wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:49 pm
Lap 1: Energy released by a hurricane in 1 second
Lap 2: Energy released by a hurricane in 1 second
Lap 3: Energy released by a hurricane in 1 second
Lap 4: Equivalent to the explosion 1 Megaton of TNT
Lap 5: Yearly consumption of electricity in Mongolia
Lap 6: About the yield of the Tsar bomb, the largest nuclear weapon ever tested
Lap 7 onwards: Higher than the yield of the Tsar bomb

Supposedly, this isn't even close to how fast Flash can run since 40,000 km/s is nowhere close to the speed of light. Granted, hitting Brainiac Luther with about 6 atom bombs is pretty notable.
Remember also that the energy transferred was localized into Flash's fists (maybe 30 square centimeters), and not dispersed over a wide area like each of those examples. It's like a sabot round from a tank cannon - the sheer amount of kinetic energy being transferred causes its target to explode.

Also, I think the required secondary superpowers that allow Flash to survive delivering those punches basically means he's about the toughest being alive.
If I were writing this, my explanation is that the flesh and blood Flash is not making contact with the villain. That when he is moving fast he is basically turning into a sort of energy construct. Flash is hitting the guy with the speed force and kind of becoming speed force as he does so, so it is not a hand that is hitting, it is energy in the shape of a hand.

Hence why he is about to dissolve into the speed force by the end of it.

To beat him, hit him while he is not going at super speed.

It is all BS, but that is how I would get around the skin moving fast would dissolve problem.
My Blog: http://rocketboy1313.blogspot.com/
My Twitter: https://twitter.com/Rocketboy1313
My Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/rocketboy1313
My Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/13rocketboy13
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Then there's also Wonder Woman who like doesn't use her rope that much.

Anyways yeah Flash is supposed to be cosmic and his abilities always seem to be very finite as far as him trying to run away from something. I know that Darkseid's omega beams are supposed to be able to track him, but it's always something special that's able to do that. It does kind of annoy me how many times I've seen him do the zig-zag punching only for someone to track him, put their arm out and put him down (that also happens in X-Men Apocalypse). What really gets to me though is how it's often not very definite that he's faster than Superman. Like Superman just needs to be that great that he's most powerful when considering all-around attributes, but just has to also be comparable to Flash.
..What mirror universe?
Trooper924
Redshirt

Post by Trooper924 »

On the flip side, the Green Lantern's weakness to yellow and J'onn's weakness to fire were both excluded from the cartoon, aside from a single inside joke reference each.