Darkness on Umbara Review

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Madner Kami
Captain

Re: Darkness on Umbara Review

Post by Madner Kami »

SpacePaladin wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:28 pm
Nightbeat74 wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:59 am some thing i have thought about on this ep is how things would have turned out if Gen.RAHM KOTA had been there.
Alas, I don't think he even existed in Lucas' vision of the franchise.
Force Unleashed is a LucasArts game, so it's about as close to prime canon as can be.
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
Nightbeat74
Officer

Post by Nightbeat74 »

more on if this was rahm kota :he would have been a jerk to the clones but used safer less wasteful, plans been leading for the front,and when asked about his raw hate to the clones he would have told them see you killing jedi! enslaveing the wookiees and about to shoot down a youngling on kashyyyk!much to the shock of the clones.cuz "we would never do that! would we?" all in all alot nicer time then with krell.
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

Krell as a character really irks me. He's a Jedi and while Jedi can be quite hypocritical and arrogant, there's one thing I'd never expect from a Jedi: Dismissing life or disregarding the life of others. Krell, if he had survived Order 66, would happily join the Sith and it strikes me as really odd, that a person like this is left in command of anything other than a trash can in the Jedi Temple on Coruscant
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
Nightbeat74
Officer

Post by Nightbeat74 »

Madner Kami wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:22 am Krell as a character really irks me. He's a Jedi and while Jedi can be quite hypocritical and arrogant, there's one thing I'd never expect from a Jedi: Dismissing life or disregarding the life of others. Krell, if he had survived Order 66, would happily join the Sith and it strikes me as really odd, that a person like this is left in command of anything other than a trash can in the Jedi Temple on Coruscant
damn true! :x i feel bad for whomever was his padawan and how messed up they are. :(
FaxModem1
Captain

Post by FaxModem1 »

Madner Kami wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:22 am Krell as a character really irks me. He's a Jedi and while Jedi can be quite hypocritical and arrogant, there's one thing I'd never expect from a Jedi: Dismissing life or disregarding the life of others. Krell, if he had survived Order 66, would happily join the Sith and it strikes me as really odd, that a person like this is left in command of anything other than a trash can in the Jedi Temple on Coruscant
Plot twist warning:

He's gone full on dark side, and is purposely getting as many clones killed as possible. The Jedi aren't noticing because their ability to tap into the force is clouded and so many millions of deaths are happening in the war daily that it's hard to see that he's doing it on purpose, especially as he probably stays away from every other Jedi for most of the war. Not hard to do, as they're stretched thin anyway being deployed all over the galaxy, and won't see each other except on the occasional resupply or combination of forces for a big battle.
PapaPalpatine
Officer

Post by PapaPalpatine »

I wouldn't have blamed the clone troopers if they'd fragged Krell; the bastard's worse than Vice Admiral Fashion Victim, and that's before we get into spoiler territory...
Mecha82
Captain

Post by Mecha82 »

FaxModem1 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:35 am
Plot twist warning:

He's gone full on dark side, and is purposely getting as many clones killed as possible. The Jedi aren't noticing because their ability to tap into the force is clouded and so many millions of deaths are happening in the war daily that it's hard to see that he's doing it on purpose, especially as he probably stays away from every other Jedi for most of the war. Not hard to do, as they're stretched thin anyway being deployed all over the galaxy, and won't see each other except on the occasional resupply or combination of forces for a big battle.
No wonder he gave me dark side vibe. That does make sense considering his actions.
"In the embrace of the great Nurgle, I am no longer afraid, for with His pestilential favour I have become that which I once most feared: Death.."
- Kulvain Hestarius of the Death Guard
Jonathan101
Captain

Post by Jonathan101 »

Chuck didn't really explain Krells' motivation fully- at this point in The Clone Wars, Sidious has ordered Dooku to cut his assassin Asajj Ventress loose as Sidious recognises Dooku is training her too much like a Sith apprentice; Dooku sought to replace her with Savage Oppress but he was a pawn of Ventress and eventually all three ended up as enemies of one another, leaving Dooku without an apprentice once again.

Krell knows all of this, and he has further seen a vision of the future in which the Jedi lose, and he decided to defect to the Separatists with the explicit, stated intent of taking the place of Ventress and Oppress as the new apprentice of Dooku. Sabotaging the Umbara campaign* was meant to impress Dooku enough to take him on.

So if Krell had indeed lived, he would have likely shown up as the new apprentice of Dooku. I can see why they killed him though, since as good a villain as he was and could have been, the show was getting pretty cramped by this point and Krell would likely have to die before Revenge of the Sith anyway, not to mention he's basically a cross between Oppress and General Grevious.