The Chimney of Surprise.

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
AllanO
Officer

Re: The Chimney of Surprise.

Post by AllanO »

I was half expecting this video to just be 19 minutes of Chuck swearing. So I was pleasantly surprised to have this video taking a tour through Chuck's home renovations adventures in the style of one of his essays, gripping stuff.

I hope this all gets resolved safely and happily and totally understand the hiatus in video releases...
Yours Truly,
Allan Olley

"It is with philosophy as with religion : men marvel at the absurdity of other people's tenets, while exactly parallel absurdities remain in their own." John Stuart Mill
Fianna
Captain

Post by Fianna »

I wonder, was it that someone built a chimney on top of a doorway, or did someone decide to build a doorway under a chimney?
Senko
Redshirt

Post by Senko »

I believe I see your problem. You believe your house isn't haunted going by that sign when you had it for sale. I suggest saucers of milk in front of every door, salt randomly scattered throughout and not standing under any checking the whole place top to bottom for any other surprises like the skeleton behind a basement wall.

Glad no one got hurt though.
sandangel
Redshirt

Post by sandangel »

Is it possible your house is haunted by an insane construction foreman from the early Industrial Era? I feel like a Secret Chimney falls under that umbrella.
J!!
Captain

Post by J!! »

Clearly, at some point the house got sucked into a spatial anomaly and scrambled like a rubik's cube
CmdrKing
Captain

Post by CmdrKing »

It turns out, multiple previous owners of Chuck's originally ordinary turn of the century house were this guy.
https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/groverhaus
Riedquat
Captain

Post by Riedquat »

Could someone have removed it from the room at some point in the past to get a bit more space, and removed it above the roofline, and ignored the bit in the middle?

On the electricity front someone in the past might've tried to bypass the meter in the past to steal power.

Fair play to whoever made the door though, don't expect them to be able to take that.
LordFeagans
Redshirt

Post by LordFeagans »

My parents are selling their house around the end of the year. Maybe I should add a chimney to their attic, as a gift to the next owner.
Asvarduil
Officer

Post by Asvarduil »

Serious question: did you ever reach out to This Old House on PBS?
King Green
Officer

Post by King Green »

Any progress removing lower-half of the chimney or is Chuck just going to unconsciously put MORE reinforced beams to conceal the damage?
Do not pity a Slave for the Slave-Lord, but hear the power of what Chaos can be.
All Beings bow before the children of he who bound their flesh by their words.
Fall and wail, all flesh, bone, soul,& power is a servant to Yun-man, the First Slave-Lord.