Superman V.S The Elite

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Re: Superman V.S The Elite

Post by Thebestoftherest »

I also think there a world of difference between killing in self defense and killing a political party just for funsy.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Thebestoftherest wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:49 am I also think there a world of difference between killing in self defense and killing a political party just for funsy.
Right. It is very primitive to resort to fatal contact with people whose views you disagree with.
..What mirror universe?
Dragon Ball Fan
Captain

Post by Dragon Ball Fan »

Thebestoftherest wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:49 am I also think there a world of difference between killing in self defense and killing a political party just for funsy.
and who was saying the latter?
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:37 am
You did see the movie right?
Dragon Ball Fan
Captain

Thebestoftherest wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:22 am
but this subject always brings out people who say that you should never kill, not even in self defense.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:27 am
but this subject always brings out people who say that you should never kill, not even in self defense.
Which wasn't what happen, almost every time the Elite kill was against someone helpless.
Dragon Ball Fan
Captain

Thebestoftherest wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:29 am
Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:27 am
Which wasn't what happen, almost every time the Elite kill was against someone helpless.
but it is what other people misinterpret it as. like, why is that Legion of Super Heroes story mentioned earlier the only sensible "should superheroes kill?" story wile all the others just treat the question as ridiculous and waist the reader/viewer's time just to say "no they shouldn't" and wag their finger at anyone who disagrees?
Thebestoftherest
Captain

You seem to be getting off topic.
Dragon Ball Fan
Captain

Thebestoftherest wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 5:32 am You seem to be getting off topic.
not really, it's related to the stuff I've been talking about all along.
Dragon Ball Fan
Captain

also, Chuck just assumes the general public in superhero universes just want to shirk responsibility. what if they literally cannot do the job themselves? Gothem City's justice system is incredibly corrupt, I'm pretty sure Jim Gordon, the female Question and maybe Bullock are the ONLY authority figures in the city that aren't corrupt.