Review: Short Trek: Escapist Artist.

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Re: Review: Short Trek: Escapist Artist.

Post by CharlesPhipps »

Now I'm wondering if murderous revenge Harry Mudd is an android.

It's the Doctor Doom Defense to OOC behavior.
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

CharlesPhipps wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:52 pm Now I'm wondering if murderous revenge Harry Mudd is an android.

It's the Doctor Doom Defense to OOC behavior.
Here's the thing: originally, absolutely not. The people writing this did not give a toss that it was out of character. They saw a name on Memory Alpha and used it. But now we are into STD apparently giving half a shit, this is something I can see them making canon if they ever come back to Harry.
We used to argue whether Star Trek or Star Wars was better. Now we argue which one is worse.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

CharlesPhipps wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:52 pm Now I'm wondering if murderous revenge Harry Mudd is an android.
You mean like Data?
Power laces... alright.
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:13 am
You mean like Data?
No, like the human-like androids of TOS that there were multiple episodes about. I always wondered why Data was considered so advanced given those existed by the hundreds.
Nightbeat74
Officer

Post by Nightbeat74 »

CharlesPhipps wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:42 am
You mean like Data?
No, like the human-like androids of TOS that there were multiple episodes about. I always wondered why Data was considered so advanced given those existed by the hundreds.
it is more than likely that Data lasted awhile with out braking down or a mass murdering psychopath and he had far more independent thinking and curiosity then the others.
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

CharlesPhipps wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:42 am
You mean like Data?
Any Discovery retcon that I don't know about aside, none of those androids we saw in TOS were as advanced as Data or Lore. They either A) Blew up when presented with basic logic problems B) Blew up when presented with an heroic speech or C) Had very dubious free will. Mudd's androids were completely under the thrall of ''Norman'' both mentally and physically.
We used to argue whether Star Trek or Star Wars was better. Now we argue which one is worse.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Post by Thebestoftherest »

I do wonder if this was made with the movie verse in thought, and by second season they had to force themselves to use the real Canon