VOY - Survival Instinct

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
clearspira
Overlord

Re: VOY - Survival Instinct

Post by clearspira »

CharlesPhipps wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 4:48 am
CrypticMirror wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:12 pm Speaking of great directors of commercials, I want to know the director and creative crew behind this one, and hope they went on to great things.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSdann3ugww

I think it was good job Moore left, especially seeing the mess he made with the BSG reboot, it leaves him with a more Firefly-esque legacy in VOY. His episodes were successful because he didn't have a chance to fail later on it. I'll admit, I didn't like most of Moore's choices on DS9. I felt he leaned too hard into deconstructive territory and grimdark, and the grimdark milfic fans are just the absolute worst at times. I'll take peppy but bland over dark deconstructions any day of the week when it comes to Star Trek. Except on the anti-Irish and anti-Scottish episodes of Trek, we all know the episodes of TNG and VOY I'm talking about. Those episodes can go fuck themselves. But other than that, upbeat and peppy is my Trek jam.
Eh, BSG: The Reboot was an enormous success. It was only when he realized he had to actually answer all of the questions he'd posed that he dovetailed. It seems like some writers absolutely hate the idea of story bibles.
Indeed, BSG's rep as far as I am concerned is two great seasons, one average one, and one terrible one where Moore was pulling the plot out of his ass. I don't know what input he had on ''Caprica'' but that was atrocious.
McAvoy
Captain

Re: VOY - Survival Instinct

Post by McAvoy »

Yeah the whole 'plan' was that there was no plan.
I got nothing to say here.