code of hero review

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Ghilz
Officer

Re: code of hero review

Post by Ghilz »

Chaos Sepher wrote:One thing I want to add to this conversation is the confrontation between Dinobot and Rattrap. Pretty much their entire repor is their banter, trading insults, and veiled threats to one another but there was a kind of bond and respect out of it. But Rattrap literally shoves him aside and having none of it after his stint of betrayal. In the end with Dinobot's final moments they had that and traded insults one last time.
A nice touch is Rattrap actually smiles when Dinobot gives him one final barb ("Upwind of you preferably"), showing that under the shared insults there was a camaraderie there. Rattrap is also the first to stand and salute Dinobot's departing spark.
Redem
Officer

Post by Redem »

Dînadan wrote:
Redem wrote:Rampage vs Waspinator is that unmoveable object vs unstopable force, I mean Waspinator while fragile never died or went into stasis lock, he's tough
True, I bet Waspy would find some way of taking a direct hit from a Death Star and surviving. Sure he'd be in a dozen pieces, but he'd still survive it even if the planet he was on was atomised. :lol:
Waspinator apparently managed to travel from Earth to Cybertron on foot (Well Wing)
SpacePaladin
Redshirt

Post by SpacePaladin »

Dînadan wrote:
Nevix wrote:.
Even in this episode, it's not any direct attacks from Dinobot that take Rampage out of the fight, it's Rampages own rocket.

A rocket that, previously in the episode, had destroyed at least a large chunk of a mountain.
That's why when Chuck compared sending Quickstrike to face Dinobot to being like taking out a tank with a hamster I thought "Hang on, didn't we just see that's possible - Dinobot just took Rampage out with Waspinator (in fact that makes taking a Tank out with a hamster trivial by comparison).
Quickstrike would only be effective if someone else was wielding him. Literally, like Rampage picked him up and started using him as a makeshift club.

I'm of the people of the opinion that Quickstrike wasn't meant to take down Dinobot, merely delay him.
Chaos Sepher
Officer

Post by Chaos Sepher »

One detail I like that comes up in one of the episodes is that after Megatron's attack, it's brought up that the early hominids that resided in the valley scattered, ergo making the task of wiping them out pretty much impossible from that point forward. Appreciate it when they address why he can't just try such a particular strategy again.
Wargriffin
Captain

Post by Wargriffin »

Chaos Sepher wrote:.

Also one of my favorite lines from Megatron: "Let's see where are we now. Um, I have the golden disc, I have the power to change the future, and the only remaining obstacle in my path to unimaginable glory... is yourself." It just oozes with condescension and ego.

Its his little hand gestures cause his in T-rex mode for the exchange is what i love
"When you rule by fear, your greatest weakness is the one who's no longer afraid."
aceina
Officer

Post by aceina »

Chaos Sepher wrote:One detail I like that comes up in one of the episodes is that after Megatron's attack, it's brought up that the early hominids that resided in the valley scattered, ergo making the task of wiping them out pretty much impossible from that point forward. Appreciate it when they address why he can't just try such a particular strategy again.
ive always figured megatron needs a anchor to change the future in this case the golden disk

and latter G1 megatrons spark
Aotrs Commander
Officer

Post by Aotrs Commander »

I missed Beast Wars at the time - it hit at a time when I don't believe we had cable yet and/or was never on at a convenient time (since I was at that point old enough to not want to get up on weekends to watch cartoons but sleep in because of later nights). But, I've had enough context from the reviews and the handful of episodes I did see to get the impact.

But that... Was a really powerful scene by *any* standard. Hell, that was smartly done enough given the effect it had that I'd put it close to the level of Spock's funeral in Wrath of Khan, which is a hell of an achievement, considering.
Archanubis
Officer

Post by Archanubis »

I'm surprised Chuck didn't mention the use of the "Missing Man" formation throughout the episode.