Interstella 5555

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Coyote's Own
Redshirt

Re: Interstella 5555

Post by Coyote's Own »

Thanks for the memories Daft Punk (for those not in the know the duo retired this year in Febuary).

And thanks Chuck for all your work.
Deledrius
Captain

Post by Deledrius »

TGLS wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 5:15 pm I think he's addressing clearspira, not you. Though the quotation makes it weird.
Indeed. :)
PapaPalpatine
Officer

Post by PapaPalpatine »

By far, the most important takeaway from this movie:

If you're going out to rescue your sweetheart from the big bad, always remember to wear your body armor.
Riedquat
Captain

Post by Riedquat »

Nealithi wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 8:31 pm
SFDebris wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 10:15 pm I just want to say that by the time I was recording this, I'd already had a full week that started on Sunday, put in a 16 hour day on Christmas Eve, slept about five hours, then was on hour 12 of Christmas Day. So that's why I gave up on pronouncing foreign names, I didn't compromise on working on the review at all, but I was so exhausted I didn't want to go searching for stuff like that. I hope it doesn't make it look like I didn't care about the reviews.
:? Chuck are your fans going to have to summon C'thulu to eat the moon again so you take a nap?
We love your work.
You do great.
We want you around for a good while yet.

I mean I want to hear you trying to explain SfDebris to your great grandchildren.
Definitely this. Stop overworking yourself! I really enjoy your videos Chuck, but I'm sure everyone will agree with me that having a few fewer videos is better than you ruining your health over them.
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

Riedquat wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 6:35 pm
SFDebris wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 10:15 pm I just want to say that by the time I was recording this, I'd already had a full week that started on Sunday, put in a 16 hour day on Christmas Eve, slept about five hours, then was on hour 12 of Christmas Day. So that's why I gave up on pronouncing foreign names, I didn't compromise on working on the review at all, but I was so exhausted I didn't want to go searching for stuff like that. I hope it doesn't make it look like I didn't care about the reviews.
:? Chuck are your fans going to have to summon C'thulu to eat the moon again so you take a nap?
We love your work.
You do great.

I mean I want to hear you trying to explain SfDebris to your great grandchildren.
Definitely this. Stop overworking yourself! I really enjoy your videos Chuck, but I'm sure everyone will agree with me that having a few fewer videos is better than you ruining your health over them.
Don't get me wrong I agree. But... Devil's Advocate time... i'm guessing that he still has a house to repair. We were debating on that thread if insurance would cover it and my personal experience of insurance companies is that the answer either way will not be pleasurable. Not long back a storm took out both by garage door and some of the tiles from said garage roof. The money I got back wasn't enough to fix either to be blunt about it. Fortunately i'm only looking at about 1,500. To fix two floors of a house? He is looking at 10,000 minimum, probably a lot more.

Turn your adblock off if you want him to sleep is all I'm saying.
We used to argue whether Star Trek or Star Wars was better. Now we argue which one is worse.
Riedquat
Captain

Post by Riedquat »

clearspira wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:29 pm
Riedquat wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 6:35 pm
We love your work.
You do great.

Don't get me wrong I agree. But... Devil's Advocate time... i'm guessing that he still has a house to repair. We were debating on that thread if insurance would cover it and my personal experience of insurance companies is that the answer either way will not be pleasurable. Not long back a storm took out both by garage door and some of the tiles from said garage roof. The money I got back wasn't enough to fix either to be blunt about it. Fortunately i'm only looking at about 1,500. To fix two floors of a house? He is looking at 10,000 minimum, probably a lot more.

Turn your adblock off if you want him to sleep is all I'm saying.
Can't stand advertising - an ever more intrusive, obnoxious, nosey business, so Adblock stays on (how much of Chuck's stuff is on anywhere where he can get ad income from it anyway?) I support him on Patreon instead at Captain's level, and still will even if there are a few fewer videos.
TGLS
Captain

Post by TGLS »

Riedquat wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 12:55 am (how much of Chuck's stuff is on anywhere where he can get ad income from it anyway?)
On YouTube, you get something pathetic like $10 per 1000 views. I assume this is provided the ads go through properly. I think the Red and Blue channels are monetized, and the other channels aren't.
"I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
When I am writing in this font, I am writing in my moderator voice.
Spam-desu
Maximara
Redshirt

Post by Maximara »

Regarding the name of this movie, the Japanese is インターステラ5555 which does NOT mean Interstella 45. When the Japanese use arabic numbers like this they are not supposed to be translated otherwise it would lead to totally ridiculous situations. If you look at the Japanese wiki ( https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/インターステラ5555 ) you will see no mention of "forty five" regarding the name of the movie. I strongly suspect that was put there by someone who didn't know that you don't translated arabic numbers or by some troll.
RobbyB1982
Captain

Post by RobbyB1982 »

Maximara wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 3:00 pm Regarding the name of this movie, the Japanese is インターステラ5555 which does NOT mean Interstella 45. When the Japanese use arabic numbers like this they are not supposed to be translated otherwise it would lead to totally ridiculous situations. If you look at the Japanese wiki ( https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/インターステラ5555 ) you will see no mention of "forty five" regarding the name of the movie. I strongly suspect that was put there by someone who didn't know that you don't translated arabic numbers or by some troll.
No one is saying its "forty five" but "four five". The same way Galaxy Express 999 from the same creator is called "three nine".

Its an in-universe affectation. It's what the characters in the world call it. How its pronounced, rather than how its written.
Maximara
Redshirt

Post by Maximara »

RobbyB1982 wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 8:21 pm
Maximara wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 3:00 pm Regarding the name of this movie, the Japanese is インターステラ5555 which does NOT mean Interstella 45. When the Japanese use arabic numbers like this they are not supposed to be translated otherwise it would lead to totally ridiculous situations. If you look at the Japanese wiki ( https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/インターステラ5555 ) you will see no mention of "forty five" regarding the name of the movie. I strongly suspect that was put there by someone who didn't know that you don't translated arabic numbers or by some troll.
No one is saying its "forty five" but "four five". The same way Galaxy Express 999 from the same creator is called "three nine".

Its an in-universe affectation. It's what the characters in the world call it. How its pronounced, rather than how its written.
Still looks like a quirk of an improper translation. ie "four five" rather than "four fives". As for pronounced that can be subtle infections a non local wouldn't pick up like how "laboratory" (lab) can sound like "lavatory" (bathroom) or how many people don't properly trill the "r" in burro.