SW The Old Republic: Sith Warrior

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Orastella
Redshirt

Re: SW The Old Republic: Sith Warrior

Post by Orastella »

I'm glad we're getting another episode in 2 weeks. That would have been such an abrupt end to the story of Ripley the Grey.
SabreMau
Officer

Post by SabreMau »

Chuck always refers to her as Ripley, but I like to think of her as Darth Angela.
Steve
Doctor's Assistant

Post by Steve »

Poor Pierce. All that work to take the Bastion, and the Trooper takes it right back and captures the general who masterminded the op. ;)

Actually, wait, let me rephrase that, I'm not being sympathetic to Pierce. I'm laughing at the fascist Imperial trash getting all their hard work undone by Havoc Squad. 8-) :lol:
"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

Administrator of SFD, Former Spacebattles Super-Mod, Veteran Chatnik. And multiverse crossover-loving writer, of course!
hammerofglass
Captain

Post by hammerofglass »

Steve wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:18 am Poor Pierce. All that work to take the Bastion, and the Trooper takes it right back and captures the general who masterminded the op. ;)

Actually, wait, let me rephrase that, I'm not being sympathetic to Pierce. I'm laughing at the fascist Imperial trash getting all their hard work undone by Havoc Squad. 8-) :lol:
And then the new Chancellor just gives the general back in a clueless PR stunt, undoing the hard work of Havoc Squad.

Because Force forbid the Republic's civilian leadership or Saresh in particular ever be portrayed as even marginally competent.
...for space is wide, and good friends are too few.
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

mathewgsmith wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:16 am And then the new Chancellor just gives the general back in a clueless PR stunt, undoing the hard work of Havoc Squad.

Because Force forbid the Republic's civilian leadership or Saresh in particular ever be portrayed as even marginally competent.
She traded him for thousands of prisoners. Not a terrible thing.
Steve
Doctor's Assistant

Post by Steve »

Yeah. And you can convince her not to, which is the DS option, since you're condemning those thousands of prisoners to enslavement, torture, and likely eventual murder (just remember the POW camp on Nar Shaddaa).
"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

Administrator of SFD, Former Spacebattles Super-Mod, Veteran Chatnik. And multiverse crossover-loving writer, of course!
MightyDavidson
Officer

Post by MightyDavidson »

Steve wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:10 pm Yeah. And you can convince her not to, which is the DS option, since you're condemning those thousands of prisoners to enslavement, torture, and likely eventual murder (just remember the POW camp on Nar Shaddaa).
And as an intergalactic empire, it's unlikely that the Sith's war efforts will be greatly hindered by the loss of just one general. I mean, logically, they've got thousands of them.
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

MightyDavidson wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:39 pm
Steve wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:10 pm Yeah. And you can convince her not to, which is the DS option, since you're condemning those thousands of prisoners to enslavement, torture, and likely eventual murder (just remember the POW camp on Nar Shaddaa).
And as an intergalactic empire, it's unlikely that the Sith's war efforts will be greatly hindered by the loss of just one general. I mean, logically, they've got thousands of them.
I dunno, the thing about TOR is that the Sith were being carried by a 1% of non-fuck ups.

Which actually ties into Darth Bane's view that the vast majority of people trained as a Dark Sider will be those fuck ups.

Mind you, Thanaton and Baras were both non-fuck ups who ended up killed by other ones and thus the Empire was weakened as a whole.
MightyDavidson
Officer

Post by MightyDavidson »

CharlesPhipps wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:38 am
MightyDavidson wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:39 pm
I dunno, the thing about TOR is that the Sith were being carried by a 1% of non-fuck ups.

Which actually ties into Darth Bane's view that the vast majority of people trained as a Dark Sider will be those fuck ups.

Mind you, Thanaton and Baras were both non-fuck ups who ended up killed by other ones and thus the Empire was weakened as a whole.
Yes but given how large the Sith Imperium's armed forces would have to be to effectively control a galactic empire, 1% would still provide you with a lot of non fuck ups. Also given that the Sith Empire tends to punish failure with death, the returned general isn't long for the galaxy anyway.
griffeytrek
Officer

Post by griffeytrek »

I'm loving these. I hope Chuck takes on the Bounty Hunter next. That was a good fun storyline for someone looking for maximum sarcasm.