10 Years of SFDebris

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Akatama
Redshirt

Re: 10 Years of SFDebris

Post by Akatama »

I, too, have felt this would be an opportune time to sign up. I clicked a link on a TvTropes article, out of all things, and it landed me in this amazing place. Today I realize that happened over two years ago and I have to give a big 'THANK YOU' (yes, the caps are intended) to Chuck and all the time he puts in making these videos.

I started watching you at a really, really crappy point of my life and blasted through a ton of Star Trek reviews, a few hours each day. You showed me how there can be a ton of depth and interesting discussion in unexpected places, how everything, not matter how bad, can have a seed of greatness within. I know this might sound very pompous and cliche, but your videos sparked something in me, a desire to explore the "what if", a willingness to explain "how" and "why" to myself, first and foremost, and to others as well. It proved a hand on which I could rely on to stand straight.

There are a lot of things to say, but I'm bad at saying how I feel, so just one more thing: keep up the good work! You were a big factor in changing my life for the better!
Tanan
Redshirt

Post by Tanan »

I don't remember how I first learned of your videos, all those years ago before you were forced off Youtube, but I've enjoyed every content you've published to this day.
Thank you for providing us with quality content for this long, Chuck.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

I'm not crying, you're crying!
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
AlucardNoir
Officer

Post by AlucardNoir »

Steve wrote:
AlucardNoir wrote:
Linkara wrote:I am indeed the real deal and if you want confirmation, feel free to ask on twitter/tumblr/my site. =)

Otherwise, thanks!
Hey! Hey, yeah, you - the guy in the purty hat. What are you doing here? Don't you have your own 10 year anniversary reviews to do? Also don't you have some History of Power Rangers videos to reedit, reencode and rerelease? And don't you say you only released Fury yesterday, that was yesterday, and yesterday can lavish it's own praise.
*cough*

It looks like someone's volunteering to be assigned to Neelix's kitchen... :twisted:

Nice to have you, Linkara. :)
Do I get to kill Neelix?
If Chuck or a mod reads this feel free do delete my account. I would do it myself but I don't seem to be able to find a delete account option. phpBB should have such an option but I guess this isn't stock phpBB.
Steve
Doctor's Assistant

Post by Steve »

AlucardNoir wrote:
Steve wrote:
AlucardNoir wrote:
Linkara wrote:I am indeed the real deal and if you want confirmation, feel free to ask on twitter/tumblr/my site. =)

Otherwise, thanks!
Hey! Hey, yeah, you - the guy in the purty hat. What are you doing here? Don't you have your own 10 year anniversary reviews to do? Also don't you have some History of Power Rangers videos to reedit, reencode and rerelease? And don't you say you only released Fury yesterday, that was yesterday, and yesterday can lavish it's own praise.
*cough*

It looks like someone's volunteering to be assigned to Neelix's kitchen... :twisted:

Nice to have you, Linkara. :)
Do I get to kill Neelix?
That would sort of undermine the point about this being for punishment. But your offer is tempting and I would like to know more. ;)
"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

Administrator of SFD, Former Spacebattles Super-Mod, Veteran Chatnik. And multiverse crossover-loving writer, of course!
Eishtmo
Officer

Post by Eishtmo »

Random thought: Do we have a list of all the songs Chuck has used in his videos over the last 10 years? I suspect we could compose a hell of a playlist at this point. . .
SabreMau
Officer

Post by SabreMau »

I remember making one during the Blip downtime period, but the old forum ate it.
Independent George
Officer

Post by Independent George »

I honestly can't remember how I first got here, but it didn't take long for me to get hooked.
TV-366
Redshirt

Post by TV-366 »

I also found SFDebris through TV Tropes, when I was looking at Voyager tropes for some reason and someone mentioned an SFDebris comment that looked funny. I found his site and watched every Voyager review he had at the time. I think this may even have been before the 5th anniversary; I'm kind of amazed I've been following him for this long.

Congratulations on ten years! I've really enjoyed a lot of your reviews, not just your Star Trek ones. I love watching them, even for shows I'm not familiar with, because you sum up the episodes well and add humor that's funny without (generally) being crude. I enjoy the new material and also enjoy rewatching the old material whenever I need a break. You've also inspired me to go buy and play Dragon Age: Origins (I've only managed to complete one questline so far and life's prevented me from playing in months, but I'm enjoying it). And while I can't say you were a direct inspiration for my blog, I've definitely mentioned you a few times on there, so hopefully my own readers will have been curious enough to check you out and given you even more fans.

Keep up the great work, and thank you so much for sharing your reviews despite everything, from server shutdowns to real life problems. Here's hoping we get a fifteenth anniversary, or maybe even a twenty-fifth!
professor_iago
Redshirt

Post by professor_iago »

The second I heard the song, I began to air strum.
Thank you for 10 wonderful years.
Be excellent to each other.
Party on, Dude.