ENT: Two Days and Two Nights

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
bronnt
Officer

Re: ENT: Two Days and Two Nights

Post by bronnt »

clearspira wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 9:13 pm There are only three and Chuck has reviewed the lot (I don't know if there are any in STD. I stopped watching it).
Spoiler: They all garnered very low ratings.
Risa also shows up in "The Game," which for my money is a fairly decent episode. That was a "Wesley saves the day" episode that felt much more plausible than his shenanigans in season 1.
Ikiry0
Officer

Post by Ikiry0 »

I swear you could do a very good episode on Risa. We have a host of comedy movies about 'person on holiday, everything goes wrong'. Like, don't just have those two idiots get their clothes stolen. Have it be the culmination of an entire endless series of entertaining torments that ends with everyone talking about how they had a great time on Risa and those two threatening to throw someone out an airlock if the name Risa is ever said again.

Or the aforementioned murder mystery idea. You could do a heap of fun stuff with Risa. Heck, to go to the lowest common denominator: Just make it a crazy beach episode where the crew encounter a group of Klingons also on holiday and the respective captains order not to start a fight with the other crew so it becomes Most Serious Competition in every Risa holiday event with cheating and fanservice. It would at least be damnwell MEMORABLE.
Karha of Honor
Captain

Post by Karha of Honor »

Ikiry0 wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 8:54 am I swear you could do a very good episode on Risa. We have a host of comedy movies about 'person on holiday, everything goes wrong'. Like, don't just have those two idiots get their clothes stolen. Have it be the culmination of an entire endless series of entertaining torments that ends with everyone talking about how they had a great time on Risa and those two threatening to throw someone out an airlock if the name Risa is ever said again.

Or the aforementioned murder mystery idea. You could do a heap of fun stuff with Risa. Heck, to go to the lowest common denominator: Just make it a crazy beach episode where the crew encounter a group of Klingons also on holiday and the respective captains order not to start a fight with the other crew so it becomes Most Serious Competition in every Risa holiday event with cheating and fanservice. It would at least be damnwell MEMORABLE.
Why would you allow Klingons considering how they party?
Ikiry0
Officer

Post by Ikiry0 »

Klingon money spends and you don't want to get a reputation as 'That holiday planet that won't serve people from one of the largest, most powerful groups about'.
Karha of Honor
Captain

Post by Karha of Honor »

Ikiry0 wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 9:33 am Klingon money spends and you don't want to get a reputation as 'That holiday planet that won't serve people from one of the largest, most powerful groups about'.
We have no idea if klingons have a lot of money or not. Or if they even holiday on a softie planet like Risa.
CrypticMirror
Captain

Post by CrypticMirror »

Slash Gallagher wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 9:11 am
Ikiry0 wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 8:54 am I swear you could do a very good episode on Risa. We have a host of comedy movies about 'person on holiday, everything goes wrong'. Like, don't just have those two idiots get their clothes stolen. Have it be the culmination of an entire endless series of entertaining torments that ends with everyone talking about how they had a great time on Risa and those two threatening to throw someone out an airlock if the name Risa is ever said again.

Why would you allow Klingons considering how they party?
Hey, it isn't the Klingons who got themselves Banned From Argo.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q50UBIWXvfc
DrReiCow
Redshirt

Post by DrReiCow »

Just chiming to say that i hope the "Blakula" moniker sticks around after this episode - Archer deserves more silliness thrown at him.

Moo
DrReiCow
Redshirt

Post by DrReiCow »

Why does Chuck keep calling Cutler Cutter? Is that a medical joke?

Moo
SiskosMuthaFknPmphnd
Redshirt

Post by SiskosMuthaFknPmphnd »

"I have no idea how long this review is going to be. But if I top even 7 minutes I'll be surprised"

*checks video length* Well, I guess there was enough to talk about to fill twice that :P
PerrySimm
Captain

Post by PerrySimm »

DrReiCow wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 5:08 pm Why does Chuck keep calling Cutler Cutter? Is that a medical joke?

Moo
A bug joke, maybe?

There was a big mystery on a very early Stargate episode that turned on the everyday miracle of prescription antihistamines. On Enterprise though, instead of thinking it through, here we see two science officers basically give up on the problem.

If we're being generous, maybe the episode also wanted to say something about how, in an emergency, sometimes untrained people lose their cool. But while that covers Cutler, it can't cover T'Pol!
UGxlYXNlIHByb3ZpZGUgeW91ciBjaGFsbGVuZ2UgcmVzcG9uc2UgZm9yIFJFRCA5NC4K