Enterprise: Borderland

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
clearspira
Overlord

Re: Enterprise: Borderland

Post by clearspira »

Jonathan101 wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:12 pm So...did Soong have children already? Or did he hook up with someone and have a kid while in prison? I have a hard time believing they would EVER let him out after the events of this arc, and if anything he might actually AGREE that he should be locked up this time.
I reckon he has a twin brother - its what I like to call the Blackadder approach to storytelling. Its fine that Edmund left no heirs to continue his line of succession because [[insert long lost twin here]]. Such a model actually explains why each Blackadder was less and less blue blooded as time went on.

I'm not a fan of making Soong the original, orignal creator of Data as it cheapens the original achievement and goes against a lot of what we were told up to this point. Kind of like how in Metal Gear Solid 1 and 2 Otacon was the de facto inventor of Metal Gear Rex and yet as time went on it turned out that seemingly everyone in his family tree and Russia also had a hand in it to the point that he might as well have been little more than a guy with an IKEA manual.
We used to argue whether Star Trek or Star Wars was better. Now we argue which one is worse.
cloudkitt
Officer

Post by cloudkitt »

I never gathered that this Soong created a significant amount of "Data," just that he started some of the preliminary theorizing that his descendants/relatives continued.

I always liked the way this arc managed to organically relate the Data plotline with that of Khan's. It wasn't too obvious or eyerolly, it seemed to fit in with the plot well.
Robovski
Captain

Post by Robovski »

Jonathan101 wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:12 pm So...did Soong have children already? Or did he hook up with someone and have a kid while in prison? I have a hard time believing they would EVER let him out after the events of this arc, and if anything he might actually AGREE that he should be locked up this time.
Conjugal visits are a thing now - I expect in this pre-federation time they still allow them with good behavior. Soong starts a email chain with a woman on the outside, one thing leads to another and then *bam* preggers with genius baby.
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

Spock made one liners all the time.