Favorite Funniest SF Debris moment?

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Koshundheit
Officer

Re: Favorite Funniest SF Debris moment?

Post by Koshundheit »

nebagram wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:08 pm Anytime Chuck sings. In addition to the obvious one from the Generations review, there's also the Insurrection review and the always-raises-a-chortle 'Oh he's got no hair and he's dressed like a twerp and they call him Picard, ho!'
That doesn't happen often enough for me. [Your] mileage may vary. The red jersey song at the end of the Watergate review was something.

Another thing I love is the captains discussion where each captain gives their take on how to handle a situation. Naturally Archer is typically crazy, and Janeway delightfully drives the whole bit.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." George Bernard Shaw
Darth Wedgius
Captain

Post by Darth Wedgius »

From SF Debris's first MLP review:

"All the horses and politicians will look up and cry 'Save us!' And I'll look down and whisper back, 'Neigh.'"
Rose Garden Witch
Redshirt

Post by Rose Garden Witch »

His Polaski rant in "The Child".
What is a man? A miserable pile of secrets!! But enough talk, HAVE AT YOU!!
Count Dracula.
Artabax
Officer

Post by Artabax »

Naked now https://sfdebris.com/videos/startrek/t103.php 3:54

Geordi la Forge wears this gold thing on his face because

He's gay?

No he's blind.
I dunno, gay AND blind???
Self sealing stem bolts don't just seal themselves, you know.
Koshundheit
Officer

Post by Koshundheit »

Artabax wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:49 pm Naked now https://sfdebris.com/videos/startrek/t103.php 3:54

He's gay?

No he's blind.
That entire routine is great. "Does he stop being black too, because we need a ship black guy" is a line that is etched in my brain so well it came forth when I read your post.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." George Bernard Shaw
Artabax
Officer

Post by Artabax »

Glad to be of service
Self sealing stem bolts don't just seal themselves, you know.
Wolf359
Redshirt

Post by Wolf359 »

Koshundheit wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:18 am
Artabax wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:49 pm Naked now https://sfdebris.com/videos/startrek/t103.php 3:54

He's gay?

No he's blind.
That entire routine is great. "Does he stop being black too, because we need a ship black guy" is a line that is etched in my brain so well it came forth when I read your post.
This. But you don’t want to turn him into a politically correct value pack or something!

To be honest there’s so much gold just from the Trek reviews, especially anything involving parody Janeway (Keskotay, the rape gorilla, mind bomb and that one where she pretends to be her mirror version with a crude goatee drawn on)

My favourite constantly funny review would have to be Where Silence Has Lease though; Worf, aka Lassie, the ‘barely comprehending werewolf, Pulaski’s lack of gender and attacking Odysseus with her tentacles, Picard falling in love with Riker’s ass, Haskell’s “motherfukka!” when Nagilum sees him and Picard asking for another ‘redshirted black fellow’ and Riker wondering why the helmsman was made chief engineer.

Also, whenever he calls out Troi for being totally useless at everything.
Troi: I know how to crash the ship into stuff.
Picard: Yeh I figured that out when I was pulling pine trees out of the Enterprise-D bridge!

Picard: How will I manage on this important mission without you to tell me the bloody obvious? Oh I know! I’ll put a stuffed animal on your chair and I’ll pull the string to learn that the cow goes moo! Try not to crash Jupiter Station into the planet while you’re there, you clumsy bitch!
slochmoeller
Redshirt

Post by slochmoeller »

An admittedly super recent one, but I can't stop giggling over...

"Hey I did some good work! Check out the fine Ass!"

"I'm her Father!"

"Then you must be proud of that fine ass!"
Koshundheit
Officer

Post by Koshundheit »

Wolf359 wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:37 pm
Koshundheit wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:18 am That entire routine is great. "Does he stop being black too, because we need a ship black guy" is a line that is etched in my brain so well it came forth when I read your post.
This. But you don’t want to turn him into a politically correct value pack or something!

To be honest there’s so much gold just from the Trek reviews, especially anything involving parody Janeway (Keskotay, the rape gorilla, mind bomb and that one where she pretends to be her mirror version with a crude goatee drawn on)

My favourite constantly funny review would have to be Where Silence Has Lease though; Worf, aka Lassie, the ‘barely comprehending werewolf, Pulaski’s lack of gender and attacking Odysseus with her tentacles, Picard falling in love with Riker’s ass, Haskell’s “motherfukka!” when Nagilum sees him and Picard asking for another ‘redshirted black fellow’ and Riker wondering why the helmsman was made chief engineer.
That was a great one! That's also the one where he tears Pulaski a new one for how contemptibly she acts. Her snidely asking "It does know how to do these things, doesn't it?" on Data operating the view screen is a great excuse for it.

Can't recall Chuck discussing or ever hearing anywhere else if they actually thought she was going to be a good character. It is known they thought Neelix was going to be great, did they do the same here? If so, one would hope they'd have learned something. I was so happy to see her leave. My only disappointment was that they didn't drop her down a turbolift shaft similar to what they did on that other show, or maybe the equivalent of spacing her due to a forcefield failure. It was definitely still a season 2 episode. Geordi going all "yeah!" when they blew up an apparent Romulan ship. Not very starfleet to be happy about thinking you killed a thousand people.

Anyway, back to funny, the Haskell routine was set up nicely with him hoping he wasn't noticed, then being called out by name with the others. In the episode itself, it was also nice to see a bit of humor with Riker's answer to the computer about finally cancelling the self-destruct, and Picard's deadpan "A simple yes would have sufficed, Number One."
Blaze Rocker
Redshirt

Post by Blaze Rocker »

It's gotta be Voyager's 'Course Oblivion' for me. I'm sure there are funnier reviews but that is my go-to.
Chuck's reaction to Tom and B'Elanna writing their own vows gets me every time.
Though not related, I also love how Chuck rolls the dice to see what Chakotay has always been interested in. Incompetent Neelix comments and Parody Janeway just make the Voyager reviews his best series in my opinion.

Now I am eagerly anticipating his reviews of the 1978 BSG series. This is gonna be good. :twisted:
I've got a feevah, and the only prescription... is more cowbell.