The X-Files: Paperclip

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
AuRon
Officer

Re: The X-Files: Paperclip

Post by AuRon »

Beastro wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:12 pm SG should have remained focus on the war with the System Lords, as it fundamentally established in the pilot that being the central thing to the show. Once that was done away with they scrambled to find stuff before finally providing a resolution TV movie that was, surprise surprise, the death of the final System Lord.
I actually kind of liked the Ori seasons of SG-1. In particular, I liked the initial presentation of the Ori and their followers being "well-intentioned extremists". It seemed like an opportunity to introduce a moral greyness to SG-1 that wasn't present in earlier seasons. But then they wasted that by showing that The Ori were actually just evil conquerors like the Gould. Those seasons still had some good episodes, and I didn't mind the new characters, but it was wasted potential.

As for the movies, I know that they were planning on doing a third movie where the Stargate program and the aliens would finally be made public to the people of earth. But it was cancelled. I think that would have been a better ending to the series. But Continuum was alright too.
AuRon
Officer

Post by AuRon »

I just wanted to add, these three episodes of the X Files were good, and showed that in the early seasons the ongoing story line could be compelling.
Jonathan101
Captain

Post by Jonathan101 »

I want to defend the psychologist that Scully saw a bit.

It is always a danger in any form of therapy that you might end up leading the patient or putting words into their mouth; at the same time, some people really do need guidance sometimes, while others need prodding etc., otherwise they don't go anywhere.

Not saying that this particular therapist was not taking it too far, but Chuck seemed to be implying that therapists shouldn't be doing this at all and that isn't really true.