Planetes: 1-4

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Re: Planetes: 1-4

Post by CharlesPhipps »

Ai states that she was last in her class and walked in off the street to be hired. She's also horribly insubordinate, threatens a million dollar satellite for a plaque, and has very questionable work ethic. I love this utopian vision of the future where apparently people like this can work in space. I choose to believe she's Barclay's distant ancestor.
AndrewGPaul
Officer

Post by AndrewGPaul »

It’s not broken, it’s just not a link. :) Planetes was the same; the header was there for a fortnight or so before this video appeared. Think of it as a teaser.
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

I would like Chuck to continue these. I wonder if I should ask if he has the rest of the season.
AllanO
Officer

Post by AllanO »

AndrewGPaul wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:20 pm It’s not broken, it’s just not a link. :) Planetes was the same; the header was there for a fortnight or so before this video appeared. Think of it as a teaser.
To be clear I think part of what started the queries about the status of Trigun is that in this review Chuck makes some reference to the voice actors in common between Planetes and Trigun as if he had already covered Trigun.
Yours Truly,
Allan Olley

"It is with philosophy as with religion : men marvel at the absurdity of other people's tenets, while exactly parallel absurdities remain in their own." John Stuart Mill
Admiral X
Captain

Post by Admiral X »

He probably watched them both before writing his review for Planetes. He might even have the script written for the first Trigun but either hasn't done the video yet, or has the video delayed because of the Patreons choosing something else to do next, or some other reason.
"Black care rarely sits behind a rider whose pace is fast enough."
-TR
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

Well, since it was re-released today, I'll move my post over to this slightly dusty thread:

Whoever comissioned this review, thank you so very much. Don't have the time to watch it right now, but eagerly await being home from work tomorrow, in order to watch it. The series is a master-piece and the first episode is already so emotion-inducing... Just thinking about "Jupiter Highway" playing while the probe with the plaque burns up in the atmosphere, giving people in a hopeless situation a moment of joy. So brilliant.

Thank you!
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
Fianna
Captain

Post by Fianna »

Chuck does a great job covering this one. Given this is basically a workplace comedy in space ... well, reviewing comedy is always hard, and making the review funny in its own right is even harder, but damn does he pull it off well. Loved the jokes about how, if he had a staff, that pretty much is what his office would look like.
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

Episode 3:

The name of the dead man, Ibn Fadlan. Ahmad ibn Fadlan is the guy who "The 13th Warrior" is based on, an emissary of the Abassid Caliphate to the Volga Vikings and the primary source for our knowledge of the life of the 10th century Volga Vikings and thus a great explorer in his own right.
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

I would pay for Chuck to do all of the rest of them but if the initial guy didn't, sadly we wouldn't see it until 2029.
griffeytrek
Officer

Post by griffeytrek »

Watching the reviews of Planettes but an idea in my head. Is there any way to get an actual legal copy of the short lived Network SciFi show Quark? Because there's something with Chuck's name all over it.