MST3K The Show - Seasons 1-10

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Trooper924
Redshirt

Re: MST3K The Show

Post by Trooper924 »

MerelyAFan wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:00 pm As far as Joel era episodes, I Accuse My Parents has always been one of my favorites, not only due to the amusing Truck Farming short beforehand, but also from him and the bots getting so much mileage from the main character being an empty headed dolt for basically the entire movie.
That's my favorite too. And it's apparently Joel's favorite as well from what I've read. The ending also features some of the most hilariously biting riffs ever. ("Thank god I'm white!")
ChrisTheLovableJerk
Officer

Post by ChrisTheLovableJerk »

One thing I think really sets Joel and Mike apart is their attitude towards their captors. Joel is so pleasant and easy-going that he never really seems to begrudge the Mads for what they've done to him, (in the KTMA season the lyrics of the theme say that Joel just saw it as a 'when life gives you lemons, make lemonade' situation), whereas Mike is more of a normal, easily exasperated guy who is trying to escape, is far more baffled by the Mads' antics, and clearly has no respect for them.
CMWaters
Officer

Post by CMWaters »

I know these were probably already made...but I wonder if Chuck will comment on how the set got darker starting with Season 6 before the overhaul in Season 8.
"You're only given a little spark of madness. And if you lose that, you're nothing."
Robin Williams
1978 HBO Special
ChrisTheLovableJerk
Officer

Post by ChrisTheLovableJerk »

In regards to the classic Zombie Nightmare episode, I'm sad MST3K never did the other movie this same director John Fasanao and star Jon Mikil Thor did, Rock and Roll Nightmare, a terrible movie with one of the most batshit insane endings ever conceived. It would have been absolutely perfect for the MST3K treatment.

Also, as Chuck notes there's a running gag about Adam West stewing angrily about not having a cameo in Tim Burton's Batman, but Burton actually wanted West to cameo as Thomas Wayne and Julie Newmar to appear as Martha Wayne. Apparently one of the producers refused, as they felt people who grew up with the 60's show would be offended at seeing the classic Batman and Catwoman gunned down. West said he probably wouldn't have accepted at the time, but he did agree when they reused the idea for Brave and the Bold's Chill of the Night.

And in regards to Samson vs. the Vampire Women, Samson is actually El Santo, the guy wasn't simply a luchador, he was an icon to the Mexican people and even had an animated cameo in Pixar's Coco.
CMWaters
Officer

Post by CMWaters »

As bad as Coleman Francis' entire library of films is...the song for Red Zone Cuba is pretty good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSSi5R3Ja6o
"You're only given a little spark of madness. And if you lose that, you're nothing."
Robin Williams
1978 HBO Special
Eishtmo
Officer

Post by Eishtmo »

So I've been watching the MST3k Twitch Channel. It doesn't have ALL of the episodes (it's short about 50 of them apparently), but it has enough that I've actually seen some I missed on release.

And damn do some hurt. Last night I had Castle of Fu Manchu followed by Monster A Go Go. Pain, man, PAIN.

Beast of Yucca Flats is the worst Coleman Francis film them. By far.
Beastro
Captain

Post by Beastro »

CMWaters wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:30 am As bad as Coleman Francis' entire library of films is...the song for Red Zone Cuba is pretty good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSSi5R3Ja6o
One of my favourite lines of the show is Mike singing "Drink Night Train, go to the basketball game! Throw up under the bleechers...".
cdrood
Officer

Post by cdrood »

There's one TV movie thing that I really wished they'd had a chance to rip on. In the 70's, they'd take two episodes from an old series and cut them together into a "movie". They didn't care if the episodes were from different seasons. For example, in order to leach off "The Dirty Dozen", they took two completely unrelated episodes of The Virginian guest starring Lee Marvin and Charles Bronson. The episodes were made about 5 years apart and the difference in the main character is noticeable. This is the sort of thing MST3K would have had a field day with. I know they did it with at least one other Bronson guest appearance (as a different character).
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Season 7 added.

https://sfdebris.com/videos/tv/mst3k07.php
Power laces... alright.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

I should have realized that Chuck would rank Brute Man so highly, given his love of crotchety old bastard characters.

Season 6 is full of episodes that, even if they were colorized, would still be grey.
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville