Reg. Seven of Nine's removal from the Collective.

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Admiral X
Captain

Re: Reg. Seven of Nine's removal from the Collective.

Post by Admiral X »

The "Vendetta" novel actually had an ex-drone go through that. Initially she was essentially a vegetable, and slowly started gaining more cognizance only to end up killing herself in the end between being unable to deal with being de-Borgified and mental abuse from the survivors of the planet she'd helped to destroy as a drone.
"Black care rarely sits behind a rider whose pace is fast enough."
-TR
The Romulan Republic
Captain

Re: Reg. Seven of Nine's removal from the Collective.

Post by The Romulan Republic »

BunBun299 wrote:I think Assimilation by the Borg is considerably worse than any real world experience it is being compared to. They cut off piece of you to install what ever they like, put implants into your brain that completely suppress any sense of self for the rest of your existence. You mind is constantly part of the Collective, and maybe you'll receive the sweet release of death one day to allow the other drones to learn how to adapt to the enemy's weapons. But probably not.

Basically, the only thing worse than assimilation would probably be actually going to hell.

I think recovering as much as Seven of Nine did is nothing short of a minor miracle. It's one thing for Picard or Janeway, who were only Borg for a very short time. Days, before the implants were removed. Seven was a Borg since she was 5 or 6. I really think most people would be beyond help at that point.
Yeah, when you put it that way, Seven is pretty fucking bad ass. 8-)