The Day the Earth Stood Still

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Keyser94
Redshirt

Re: The Day the Earth Stood Still

Post by Keyser94 »

Beastro wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:20 am
Keyser94 wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:39 am
Beastro wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:47 pm
clearspira wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:35 pm You're either trolling me or you know nothing about history if you think that you haven't just described every superpower in history. This is boring me so I am going to leave you with a plea to at least try and read up on the history of the Ancient world if you think that having almost no technology will bring forth an era of peace.
He's neither: He's young and fully of the same old revolutionary spirit that thinks the next revolution will be the one that will finally fix everything he sees as wrong in the world.

No matter the body count.

Be happy he's just venting on the Internet.
Actually I am thirty three, nearly thirty four in two months, and not young by any stretch, and I am totally cynical nihilist that not believe the lies that we all tell our selves how fair and good the world is, I am to weary and to tired of that bullshit, and I not care less about the body count, the super volcano in Yellow Stone destroying the U. S. and Canada and I couldn't care less about all the lives lost in the process, you cant have real change if you not shed blood, that how all revolutions worked in the past, even the so called "peaceful" revolutions, as the Alfred says to Bruce in The Dark Knight, some people only want to see the world burn, and I am one of those people, if you want to live your life in ignorance, fine, like people say, ignorance is a bliss, but I would prefer that the old status quo be destroyed, also I love history, and I know that another empire would rise, that is how the history of the world works, empires rises and falls, and the U. S. wont be different, enjoy your comfortable life while you can, because it wont last much longer.
Then you're more immature than your age let's on, and probably by choice as your post conveys.

No one is ever truly a nihilist. We all care about something and its clear what you care about to be so hurt as a grind the nihilistic axe.
Actually no, you have no idea what is to live under a dictatorship, have civilian imprisoned, tortured and killed, buried in mass graves, and the dictatorship dare to call them dissident because they rightfully protest about the democracy that was taken from them, so not come here and call me naive, it all the U. S. fault, and it someday, karma come to them, I not give a fuck how many ends killed because it.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Post by Thebestoftherest »

Keyser94 wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:05 pm
clearspira wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:35 pm You're either trolling me or you know nothing about history if you think that you haven't just described every superpower in history. This is boring me so I am going to leave you with a plea to at least try and read up on the history of the Ancient world if you think that having almost no technology will bring forth an era of peace.
He's neither: He's young and fully of the same old revolutionary spirit that thinks the next revolution will be the one that will finally fix everything he sees as wrong in the world.

Actually I am thirty three, nearly thirty four in two months, and not young by any stretch, and I am totally cynical nihilist that not believe the lies that we all tell our selves how fair and good the world is, I am to weary and to tired of that bullshit, and I not care less about the body count, the super volcano in Yellow Stone destroying the U. S. and Canada and I couldn't care less about all the lives lost in the process, you cant have real change if you not shed blood, that how all revolutions worked in the past, even the so called "peaceful" revolutions, as the Alfred says to Bruce in The Dark Knight, some people only want to see the world burn, and I am one of those people, if you want to live your life in ignorance, fine, like people say, ignorance is a bliss, but I would prefer that the old status quo be destroyed, also I love history, and I know that another empire would rise, that is how the history of the world works, empires rises and falls, and the U. S. wont be different, enjoy your comfortable life while you can, because it wont last much longer.
Then you're more immature than your age let's on, and probably by choice as your post conveys.

No one is ever truly a nihilist. We all care about something and its clear what you care about to be so hurt as a grind the nihilistic axe.
Actually no, you have no idea what is to live under a dictatorship, have civilian imprisoned, tortured and killed, buried in mass graves, and the dictatorship dare to call them dissident because they rightfully protest about the democracy that was taken from them, so not come here and call me naive, it all the U. S. fault, and it someday, karma come to them, I not give a fuck how many ends killed because it.
Remember nothing is a better argument for something than a bad argument against it.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Thebestoftherest wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:20 pmRemember nothing is a better argument for something than a bad argument against it.
Alright, but we do have logic mind you.
Tracking heartbeats is kids stuff.
Keyser94
Redshirt

Post by Keyser94 »

Thebestoftherest wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:20 pm

Remember nothing is a better argument for something than a bad argument against it.
You already have a pile of corpses piling up by Corona, only image the same pile but made by military officers and the police, and you would have a more clear pictures, and sure, not forget the mass graves, then you would imagine the true horror of what to live in a dictatorship. Luckily, by the state of U. S. politics now at days, you would see that in a few years, and then you would see if you call me "naive" again.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Keyser94 wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:58 am
Thebestoftherest wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:20 pm

You already have a pile of corpses piling up by Corona, only image the same pile but made by military officers and the police, and you would have a more clear pictures, and sure, not forget the mass graves, then you would imagine the true horror of what to live in a dictatorship. Luckily, by the state of U. S. politics now at days, you would see that in a few years, and then you would see if you call me "naive" again.
Where in my post did I call you naive?
Beastro
Captain

Post by Beastro »

Karma?

So where did the meaninglessness go?

You're not a nihilist. You're out for vengeance, and vengeance requires someone to care enough to lash out, if only on the internet.

And that is a good thing that you care, just be careful the dark corners you're treading going down that road if only for your own sake.
Thebestoftherest wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:56 pm
Where in my post did I call you naive?
I called him naive, but I don't think he cares to discriminate about who he's directing his fury at here.

Maybe I was wrong and he's something darker a worse: hes self-centered in his pain.

He said it himself, he doesn't care how many are killed. I take that at face value and factor in the amount of people suffering at the hands of the US and others that would suffer far more had he the power to act on his words here.

That the asks what he wants more: The justice he seeks or the satisfaction. He seems in his bluster to lean towards the latter. That is the route of the Sicarii and of others far, far worse than any empire builders or industry magnets who built themselves on the backs of others. At least they made things others might benefit from from and not just ashes to live.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

I just want to talk about an old movie where a man wear tin foil.
Borkton
Redshirt

Post by Borkton »

It occurts to me that the Gort concept of robots that destroy any planet that breaks the Galactic peace also (perhaps ironically) incarnate the idea of [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collective_security]Collective Security[/url], which underlay the United Nations and the NATO and Warsaw Pact alliances.
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

I find the most interesting part of this story the fact that the aliens are just trying to deliver a message and continually stymied by the fact that humanity can't even relate to the message being conveyed. Which is simply, "Just so we're clear, we're not going to put up with any of this shit if you try to pull any. Get your act together."

It seems all too realistic that many Americans and others would go, "WHAT DO YOU MEAN! WE CAN DO WHATEVER WE WANT, GUY WITH SUPERIOR TECHNOLOGY AND WEAPONS!"

They're giving a warning but the Earth can't process the idea of not being the center of the universe.
Robovski
Captain

Post by Robovski »

"HOW DARE YOU TELL US WHAT TO DO! WE'LL BLOW UP WHAT WE WANT!"

*insert woman yelling at cat meme*