Lower deck episode 3?

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
clearspira
Overlord

Re: Lower deck episode 3?

Post by clearspira »

CharlesPhipps wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:39 am
clearspira wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:08 pm
CharlesPhipps wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 4:09 pm Lower Decks is, IMHO, the point when NuTrek killed any chance the hatedom would win. Much of the hatedom was driven by the statement that Star Trek was out of the hands of fans and that it was corporate driven bullshit.

No one can seriously claim the shows are made by anything but die-hard Trek fans.

You may like or dislike Lower Decks but the people who made this show are ENORMOUS fucking nerds.
No. This was the point that the writers who gave us ''two dicked Klingons who don't look, act or feel like Klingons'' realised that people do not want a Star Trek show that isn't Star Trek.
The hatedom won. Oh... you ain't going to like me saying that now are you. But its true. It was the people who kicked up a fuss about the bullshit of early STD that got us STD season 3 plus. That got us Lower Decks. And I have a feeling that PIC will end up a brighter show before it finally ends too.
Sure, clearspira. You won. CBS totally gave into the haters.

The wokedom is gone.

DIscovery was a massive failure and Picard will fix all of its flaws. Lower Decks is a direct criticism of Nu Trek.

*gives him a cookie*
Like it or not Charles, I did more to get you this show than you did.

Charles: STD season 1 is great! More please!
CBS: OK.
CBS:...
CBS: That's why we are totally going to completely retool season 3 and go in a completely different direction for Lower Decks. Because our previous direction was just that awesome.
Charles: Thanks! I totally helped!
CBS: *cough* You sure did. Have a cookie.
We used to argue whether Star Trek or Star Wars was better. Now we argue which one is worse.
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

clearspira wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:50 pm
Like it or not Charles, I did more to get you this show than you did.

Charles: STD season 1 is great! More please!
CBS: OK.
CBS:...
CBS: That's why we are totally going to completely retool season 3 and go in a completely different direction for Lower Decks. Because our previous direction was just that awesome.
Charles: Thanks! I totally helped!
CBS: *cough* You sure did. Have a cookie.
Clearspira, the difference is that I'm pretty sure the reason CBS made Lower Decks is not either of us.

But the fact the writer was one of Rick and Morty's and also wrote the massively successful Twitter meme, "Star Trek: The Next Generation: Sixth Season" fanfic which is basically Lower Decks.

:)
Makeshift Python
Captain

Post by Makeshift Python »

It's pretty simple that the reason DISCO went through changes in its first two seasons is because of the revolving door of staff writers and showrunners. It was chaotic, maybe even more so than it was with TNG during its first two seasons.

By the time the third season began production they had a new showrunner with a clear vision of what the show will be about from then on: Restoring the Federation, and so far the latest season has stuck to that conceit.
CrypticMirror
Captain

Post by CrypticMirror »

Makeshift Python wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:08 pm It's pretty simple that the reason DISCO went through changes in its first two seasons is because of the revolving door of staff writers and showrunners. It was chaotic, maybe even more so than it was with TNG during its first two seasons.

By the time the third season began production they had a new showrunner with a clear vision of what the show will be about from then on: Restoring the Federation, and so far the latest season has stuck to that conceit.
Just a shame it was called Andromeda and had already been done.
Makeshift Python
Captain

Didn't stop people from making TNG.
Procstar
Redshirt

Post by Procstar »

I personally think he should've gone through the series, but he did summarize the character dynamics of the main cast.

If nothing else, it would be good for the sake of completeness. Chuck has covered the good, bad and the ugly with the franchise after all.

EDIT: Finished the episode. It seems that it was Chuck's choice to start at Episode 3.
Last edited by Procstar on Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Procstar
Redshirt

Post by Procstar »

CrypticMirror wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:15 am
Makeshift Python wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:08 pm It's pretty simple that the reason DISCO went through changes in its first two seasons is because of the revolving door of staff writers and showrunners. It was chaotic, maybe even more so than it was with TNG during its first two seasons.

Just a shame it was called Andromeda and had already been done.
Of course, Andromeda isn't that popular within society. It was mostly an underground work that was mainly known by Roddenberry devotees.
Makeshift Python
Captain

I'm just relieved to see that Chuck seemingly enjoys LOWER DECKS for what it is rather than crossing his arms like a disapproving Vulcan.
Procstar
Redshirt

Post by Procstar »

Makeshift Python wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:41 am I'm just relieved to see that Chuck seemingly enjoys LOWER DECKS for what it is rather than crossing his arms like a disapproving Vulcan.
He probably loves Lower Decks because it rewards knowledge of the franchise. It is a Trek show that is made for Trekkies, though regular folks can find it funny as a workplace comedy centered on young adults.
Makeshift Python
Captain

For what it's worth, LOWER DECKS is the first Star Trek show that my roommate watched, and that hooked her into wanting to watch more Trek. We're currently going through the first season of TOS.