Areas where you'd respectfully disagree with Chuck

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Yukaphile
Overlord

Re: Areas where you'd respectfully disagree with Chuck

Post by Yukaphile »

Janeway is, at best, average. If Q were sexually attracted to females like humans are, never mind that it contradicts TNG, but let's say he is... I don't doubt he'd be super shallow. Unless this is his way of trying to bone Picard vicariously. You're welcome. Need some Brain Bleach?
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
— Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

Wargriffin wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:36 pm
Madner Kami wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:49 am Could be all a ploy of Q in order to get into Janeways panties?
Look No offense to Kate Mulgrew...

but of all the females Q could spend chasing... 'Which brings up why he'd bother but'

He picks Janeway... who isn't someone I'd call a "Helen of Troy" so beautiful to start a war over
Everyone got his own fetish.
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
Darth Wedgius
Captain

Post by Darth Wedgius »

Did we see any of the Q use Q-ish powers inside the Q Continuum? Maybe most Q powers don't work there. It gives them added incentive to evolve into R, overcoming the reluctance borne from fear of terrible pirate jokes.

As to why they'd spend their time in a continuum where they aren't near-omnipotent, um... Yes. Could easily explain that, but, you know, lots of math, oh, look at the time, have to wash my microwave, sorry...
Artabax
Officer

Post by Artabax »

No, Q are doing omnipotent stuff which is translated into regular stuff for the benefit of our puny hyoomonn brains by Q's omnipotent powers.
Self sealing stem bolts don't just seal themselves, you know.
Darth Wedgius
Captain

Post by Darth Wedgius »

Artabax wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:25 pm No, Q are doing omnipotent stuff which is translated into regular stuff for the benefit of our puny hyoomonn brains by Q's omnipotent powers.
Then maybe the Q can't wish the puny humans into the corn field when they're in the continuum. Maybe putting them into the continuum changes them somehow. That kind of makes sense if they're using Q weaponry, anyway.
bronnt
Officer

Post by bronnt »

Darth Wedgius wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:05 am Then maybe the Q can't wish the puny humans into the corn field when they're in the continuum. Maybe putting them into the continuum changes them somehow. That kind of makes sense if they're using Q weaponry, anyway.
That still only brings up more questions as far I'm concerned. If bringing people into the Q continuum means they're immune to Q powers, for whatever bullshit reason, then in a war, one side should have come up with the idea of either recruiting a bunch of people, or creating a bunch of people, and then bringing them into the continuum. The entire balance of the war was swung by just Voyager with 150 measly people dropping in...for a conflict that spanned the entire galaxy.

Was there no Q immoral enough to brainwash an entire planet's population with the snap of his fingers, conjure up some Enfield Rifles, and then zap them into the contiuum?
FaxModem1
Captain

Post by FaxModem1 »

All I can say is that Q and the Grey gave us little q. And I ship q and Icheb. So, a flower bloomed out of the crap that was that episode.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Darth Wedgius wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:23 pm Did we see any of the Q use Q-ish powers inside the Q Continuum? Maybe most Q powers don't work there. It gives them added incentive to evolve into R, overcoming the reluctance borne from fear of terrible pirate jokes.

As to why they'd spend their time in a continuum where they aren't near-omnipotent, um... Yes. Could easily explain that, but, you know, lots of math, oh, look at the time, have to wash my microwave, sorry...
Well what I was getting at was that there were real world repercussions during the war. So technically every metaphor what have you that we're discussing here quite possibly correlates to some sort of complication in the galaxy.

It might also be the case that Q are bringing humans into the realm and that they too are partaking in such activities that translate to real world events.
..What mirror universe?
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

Yukaphile wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:02 pm Janeway is, at best, average. If Q were sexually attracted to females like humans are, never mind that it contradicts TNG, but let's say he is... I don't doubt he'd be super shallow. Unless this is his way of trying to bone Picard vicariously. You're welcome. Need some Brain Bleach?
All TNG evidence points to the Q being beyond the simple male and female analogue as he states to Picard quite clearly that he would have originally appeared as a woman if he knew how uncomfortable it would make him. Being male was an arbitrary choice. Voyager however introduced heterosexuality into the Q as well as gender identity.
Also, the thought occurs to me that he could turn Picard into a woman if he wanted to. That seems more in keeping with his impish personality tbh.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

I never saw the Q episodes of DS9, but my take is that Q has some infatuation with the written captains. I'm not really sure why he would care so much about a single starship in particular. Planets and federations tend to be rather static with a big disconnect between regulation and entropy. Maybe starships crawling across the quadrants make for better drama when they come into contact with each other and other planets/federations.

Picard and Janeway are both very unwavering in their principles. It seems to be conveyed as a feature that is central to Q continuum but localised personally to the captains.
..What mirror universe?