Stargate SG-1: Hathor

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
LordUltimus
Redshirt

Re: Stargate SG-1: Hathor

Post by LordUltimus »

This made me want Chuck to review Disney Channel's Zapped.

Look it up.
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

LordUltimus wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:11 pm This made me want Chuck to review Disney Channel's Zapped.

Look it up.
Or you could just not be lazy and tell us.
We used to argue whether Star Trek or Star Wars was better. Now we argue which one is worse.
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

LordUltimus wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:11 pm This made me want Chuck to review Disney Channel's Zapped.

Look it up.
If you don't think it's worth 10 minutes of your lifetime to tell us about Zapped, then it's not worth 10 minutes of each of our lifetimes to investigate ourselves.
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
Mecha82
Captain

Post by Mecha82 »

To fair Zapped being Disney Channel's tells me everything I need to know about it without needing to look what it's about. Nicely put most original Disney Channel shows and movies aren't very good.
"In the embrace of the great Nurgle, I am no longer afraid, for with His pestilential favour I have become that which I once most feared: Death.."
- Kulvain Hestarius of the Death Guard
LordUltimus
Redshirt

Post by LordUltimus »

A teenage girl gets an app that allows her to control boys.

Stop looking at me like that.
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

:shock:
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
— Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
planescaped
Redshirt

Post by planescaped »

I wish I could like Stargate SG-1. It has great characters and often has great writing, but I just think they went way overboard with the "everything on earth is ancient aliens" thing.

I wish they'd stopped at the ancient egyptians and from there went the Stargate Atlantis route by creating new mythos on other entirely different cultures and alien species. I couldn't suspend my disbelief for SG-1 when I was a teenager and I still can't. Feels like they took a great idea and ran it into the ground.
AuRon
Officer

Post by AuRon »

I guess I get what you're saying. It did get a little tiresome after a while constantly incorporating old earth cultures and religions into the show, but it didn't ruin it for me. Having said that, it should be noted that the show didn't claim that these religions originated from aliens. The religions already existed before the aliens showed up, and the aliens just claimed to be the earth gods and played the part to get people to worship them. This is something the series could have made clearer. The confusion about this is likely the reason they never had a Goaul'd playing the abrahamic god. People would have gotten angry, thinking that the show was implying that god is an alien.

A bigger thing that bothered me about the show was how quickly earth technology advanced in just a decade, and how the people of earth remained oblivious to everything despite the constant alien activity on earth, and invasions, and spaceships flying to and from earth, etc. Otherwise it was a pretty good show.
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

Except that those religions were established during quite different times, with the egyptian pantheon being more or less the oldest among the displayed religions.
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
AuRon
Officer

Post by AuRon »

They're mostly ancient religions. The one notable exception being the Norse religion, portrayed by the Asgard.