Full Metal Panic!

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Archon_Wing
Redshirt

Re: Full Metal Panic!

Post by Archon_Wing »

Been more of a fan of this series for its more comic moments, less for the plot. It is great that Sfdebris seems to be having fun reviewing this.
excalibur
Officer

Post by excalibur »

I really hope he reviews the fumoffu series. It's all comedy without the main plot
"Adapt, Overcome & Improvise"

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."
jstrahan
Officer

Post by jstrahan »

excalibur wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:16 am I really hope he reviews the fumoffu series.
Don't worry. He will. Already paid for. :)
Nevix
Officer

Post by Nevix »

MyUserName wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:09 am
Nevix wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:56 am
MyUserName wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:01 pm Chuck thinks he's seen anime weirdness.

Wait til he gets to the Fumoffu season of this series and sees the Charge of the Bonta-Kuns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vj1SzURv0uM

You aint seen half of the weird and dark s#it that anime can show you. Thats a deep, dark, and bottomless rabbit hole. The minute you think you've seen s#it, it drags you down to depths your soul was never brave enough to imagine.
Oh, indeed the bad anime are "Oh God... this anime proves that Satan is real!" levels of ungodly awful.

But the good anime are often REALLY DAMN GOOD. Or tons of fun. Or interesting. Or silly. Or compelling and you keep watching them for over a decade because you want to know who is doing what...

And, honestly, if I could, I would drop a pile of money on Chuck to review the rest of Fullmetal Alchemist and Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. Because they're both quite good, and it's obvious that he enjoyed what he did watch.

EDIT: Also... I love Full Metal Panic. It's hilarious AND the action is great!

EDIT2 (The Sequel) (Also, read the next comment in a rather grumbly irritated tone.): ...Oh right... The Panty Thief episode... The one episode I skipped. Because panty thief episode...

I've been watching anime since the 80's and love it. Love how imaginative and creative and varied it is.

But then, sometimes, people use that creativity for some truly, TRULY, messed up stuff.

I'd love to see Chuck Review End of Evangelion, Though I suspect it would thoroughly break him on a deep psychological level. I've known hard core anime fans that just quit half way through because the nihilism goes clear off the reservation.

Him reviewing Ninja Scroll would be a fun experiment just to see how much gratuitous violence, blood and nudity he can take with a good compelling story.

Ranma 1/2 would either make him quit by the end of episode 2 or break him of any and all Political Correctness.

And I think we all want him to return to Gurren Lagann, because we all know the utter kick in the nuts thats coming in two episodes from where he stopped that would make him question every conception of the show he's had up til now.

Or maybe just Excel Saga, Space Dandy, or FLCL just to see how much weirdness he can take before cracking.

I also think he should try Full Metal Panics japanese language track. Because Kanames Seiyuu gives her a very unique growl to her voice while still making her sound like a young school girl. It definitely makes her sound very alpha woman-ish.

And Kurz's hilarious broken Japanese/english in episode II when he's playing his role was too damn funny. I also don't like Tessa's dub actress, she just doesn't speak with the same authority and dignity while still sounding like a young genius teenage girl.
I'd rather go for the most enjoyable series I can find, with only a reasonable amount of madness.

Outlaw Star, Trigun, Full Metal Alchemist/Brotherhood... The good anime that aren't too crazy, and that have interesting plotlines too.

Of course... If I had the money, I'd toss a MASSIVE pile of cash at Chuck for him to review Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. Of course, this would come with the warning that yes, it IS a truly bizarre adventure, and yes, your head is probably going to explode, then implode, then return to normal because everything went full circle.

But... I'd have him review Fullmetal Alchemist and Brotherhood first. Because he obviously likes FMA and wants to see more.
MyUserName
Officer

Post by MyUserName »

One of the reasons I watch anime is its creativity. I like when an anime can go way out into left field. This is what makes Evangelion so engrossing even at its most nihilistic. Seeing series truly stretch the bounds of creativity and imagination is a wonderful thing. And when a show gets Excel Saga, FLCL, Those who hunt elves, Plastic Nee-san or Space Dandy, or Ranma 1/2 levels of weird yet wonderful, thats when I get the most heavily engrossed in a series.
jstrahan
Officer

Post by jstrahan »

Yay! Full Metal Panic is in this month's lineup.
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

Y'now, watching Chuck's bemusement, confusion and often outrage at anime really does mirror my own to the point that it becomes fascinating to watch. Because frankly, in my experience, finding an anime that isn't some incredibly creepy shit is like looking for a needle in a haystack. Hey, I don't kink shame, those of you who have no problem watching pre-teen girls with big bouncing breasts showing off their underwear i'm not going to judge. Nor am I going to judge if you have no problem with the amount of perverts and domestic abusers who seem to live in these anime worlds.

But its not for me. That's not to say that I haven't seen good anime. They just tend to be... how to put this politely... more akin to cartoons.
We used to argue whether Star Trek or Star Wars was better. Now we argue which one is worse.
jstrahan
Officer

Post by jstrahan »

clearspira wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:43 pm Hey, I don't kink shame, those of you who have no problem watching pre-teen girls with big bouncing breasts showing off their underwear i'm not going to judge. Nor am I going to judge if you have no problem with the amount of perverts and domestic abusers who seem to live in these anime worlds.
FMP has no "pre-teen" girls (they are all 16+). The "big bouncing breasts" are not really there in the sense that you mean it. Other than that one brief moment, "showing off underwear" doesn't happen (watch Najica Blitz Tactics if you want to be drowned in panty shots). And, there are no domestic abusers and the perverts are limited to possibly Kurz Weber, who is not really a pervert, but could best be described as a 'Ladies' Man'.
Senko
Redshirt

Post by Senko »

4 and 5 are already gone.
TGLS
Captain

Post by TGLS »

Senko wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:06 am 4 and 5 are already gone.
Might be regional; seems to work fine for me.
"I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
When I am writing in this font, I am writing in my moderator voice.
Spam-desu