Spider-Man: TAS - I Really, Really Hate Clones

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Ghilz
Officer

Re: Spider-Man: TAS - I Really, Really Hate Clones

Post by Ghilz »

Rodan56 wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:06 pm
Ghilz wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:24 am Honestly always rooted for Debra in the 90s show. Even if the show kinda treats her like shit. Like she's fine looking. She's into science like Peter. Which puts her ahead of MJ and Felicia who share little interests with Peter.
The thing is, Peter calls her the "Little sister I never had... or wanted" so... I don't know. I see what you're saying, but it feels a bit off after that's her introduction.
It's exactly what I mean when I say the show treats her like shit. She's always treated as annoying and uncool. But really Debra is exactly what Peter would be if he didn't have spider powers. She's super smart, a nerd, and someone others regard as kinda uncool, but caring and concerned. And unlike Felicia or MJ she shares interest in something with Peter - both are absolute nerds who love science in all its forms. Peter and MJ or Felicia share absolutely no interests with one another.

It always struct me weird how the show treats Debra, coz like I said, she's basically what Peter is when the Spider-Man stuff isn't involved.
Rodan56
Officer

Post by Rodan56 »

Ghilz wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:38 am
It's exactly what I mean when I say the show treats her like shit. She's always treated as annoying and uncool. But really Debra is exactly what Peter would be if he didn't have spider powers. She's super smart, a nerd, and someone others regard as kinda uncool, but caring and concerned. And unlike Felicia or MJ she shares interest in something with Peter - both are absolute nerds who love science in all its forms. Peter and MJ or Felicia share absolutely no interests with one another.

It always struct me weird how the show treats Debra, coz like I said, she's basically what Peter is when the Spider-Man stuff isn't involved.
I can understand, I don't recall ever being as annoyed by Debra as the show clearly wanted me to be. I just liked the dynamic between Felicia and Peter better I guess. They just had great chemistry. It's also interesting to hear Jennifer Hale do a high society rich girl that transitions into a badass anti-hero. It's kinda cool to hear her pre-Mass Effect I guess.
Aotrs Commander
Officer

Post by Aotrs Commander »

Jennifer Hale was awesome long before Mass Effect...! She's been in so much stuff. (I think the first place I recall hearing her was in Skeleton Warriors as Talyn.)
Yvonmukluk
Redshirt

Post by Yvonmukluk »

Ghilz wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:38 am
Rodan56 wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:06 pm
Ghilz wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:24 am Honestly always rooted for Debra in the 90s show. Even if the show kinda treats her like shit. Like she's fine looking. She's into science like Peter. Which puts her ahead of MJ and Felicia who share little interests with Peter.
The thing is, Peter calls her the "Little sister I never had... or wanted" so... I don't know. I see what you're saying, but it feels a bit off after that's her introduction.

To be fair I've [url=http://www.spideykicksbutt.com/WhyYouMaryJane/WhyYouMaryJanePart2.html]seen it argued[/url] (you may need to ctrl-f Deb Whitman to find the relevant passage) that while Deb would be a perfect partner for the Peter Parker before the spider-bite, all that time being Spidey means that Peter wasn't that person any more and they were very different people.

And if you think she got treated poorly in the cartoon, than hoo boy you're not gonna like how they handled her in the comics...