TOR Bounty Hunter

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Re: TOR Bounty Hunter

Post by CharlesPhipps »

To be fair, the Jedi who you kill and starts all your problems is shown to be a perfectly honorable guy.

It's just his FRIEND is an enormous piece of shit who rains the entire galaxy down on you to avenge him.
chaos42
Officer

Post by chaos42 »

stellar_coyote wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:15 am
Coyote's Own wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:24 am "He rasied an army to attack Mandalor"
"My son, the planet, or me?"
"Yes"
Friggin' smartass.
i love that joke

im trying to come up with other times someone can use that but its hard as not that many things use the same name for the planet the king and the prince
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Post by Thebestoftherest »

CharlesPhipps wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:57 pm To be fair, the Jedi who you kill and starts all your problems is shown to be a perfectly honorable guy.

It's just his FRIEND is an enormous piece of shit who rains the entire galaxy down on you to avenge him.
I am with you there.
Riedquat
Captain

Post by Riedquat »

CharlesPhipps wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:57 pm To be fair, the Jedi who you kill and starts all your problems is shown to be a perfectly honorable guy.

Revenge seems to be the motivation it's true but it doesn't seem unreasonable for the Jedi to want to track down assassins and murderers.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Post by Thebestoftherest »

Riedquat wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:34 am

Revenge seems to be the motivation it's true but it doesn't seem unreasonable for the Jedi to want to track down assassins and murderers.
Plus he did established himself to be a threat to the jedi and a republic.
chaos42
Officer

Post by chaos42 »

i think the real issue is he goes after the bounty hunter not the person who placed the contract. thats the thing that i don't get. we don't know who put the contract out because all the other contracts seemed to have either one or more people who wanted the target dead or captured. so why is it that he focuses on you -your an easier target he thinks.

it seems to me there are 2 kinds of jedi those who are jedi because they want to serve and others because they have the talent and want to use it to put what they think is right out there. these are the jedi who so often either go dark side or are the ones you end up killing because they come after you for revenge for what you did.
Riedquat
Captain

Post by Riedquat »

chaos42 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:12 am i think the real issue is he goes after the bounty hunter not the person who placed the contract. thats the thing that i don't get. we don't know who put the contract out because all the other contracts seemed to have either one or more people who wanted the target dead or captured. so why is it that he focuses on you -your an easier target he thinks.
You're right - it really is just a personal grudge, but the Jedi and Republic should be trying to bring both to justice. And if they don't know who put out the contract either you're the first line of inquiry.
Dargaron
Officer

Post by Dargaron »

chaos42 wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:12 am i think the real issue is he goes after the bounty hunter not the person who placed the contract. thats the thing that i don't get. we don't know who put the contract out because all the other contracts seemed to have either one or more people who wanted the target dead or captured. so why is it that he focuses on you -your an easier target he thinks.
I mean, regardless of who put out the contract, the Bounty Hunter player character is still absolutely at fault for the unprovoked slaughter of everyone onboard the Aurora. The plan from the get-go was to board the ship and destroy it, killing who knows how many random technicians and janitors (Republic Citizens all) in exchange for...credits? Kudos?

If the Bounty Hunter was a nation, the Aurora mission would've been an act of war against the Republic, so it would absolutely make sense to hunt down and kill the person responsible, because they've already demonstrated the ability and inclination to murder large numbers of Republic citizens for personal gain. If you make a living through extrajudicial killing, don't cry foul when others rightly regard you as a threat to be put down pre-emptively.
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

Thebestoftherest wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:46 pm
Plus he did established himself to be a threat to the jedi and a republic.
I actually really like that portion of the Great Hunt because there's a lot of moving parts that only Bioware would actually bother to put in and only an observant player will notice.

* First of all, you're going after a Jedi Knight on a Republic capital ship so you've been thrust into an explicit military situation.
* The Jedi Knight IS actually being charged with some bogus criminal activity so the Empire has some leeway. The Jedi is bemused by it because it's like, "Korra is guilty of a lot of property damage in the Earth Empire."
* The whole thing ends with the capital ship being destroyed and hundreds of dead Republic soldiers.
* This seems like Mandalore set it up so the PC is inclined to become a Mandalorian and ally with the Empire as it burns all bridges with the Republic.

So, yes, you are perfectly legitimate as a target by the Republic and it was probably set up that way.

Except, Jun Seros apparently then frames you for some "disgusting" crimes that cause everyone to turn against you because blowing up a capital ship and Jedi isn't enough to get everyone to turn on you. I always wondered what sort of stuff he put in your file.
Riedquat wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:11 am You're right - it really is just a personal grudge, but the Jedi and Republic should be trying to bring both to justice. And if they don't know who put out the contract either you're the first line of inquiry.
To be fair, it's the Great Hunt. The thing is probably being televised on Nar Shadda. Given he kills all the Champions of the Great Hunt, the Vengeful JediTM DOES go after everyone involved. This particular Jedi is thorough in his revenge.
chaos42
Officer

Post by chaos42 »

Though i wonder how justified the crew of that ship was atempting to arrest you on testimony extracted under mind control, information that isn't accurate. from what we can tell terro was so weak willed the jedi master used the mind trick to beat him, but he has enough left not to say what actually is going on and claim we are working together or the jedi master is lying. either way the bounty hunter never states his name and they have no way of knowing who you are.