Swtor Jedi knight

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
griffeytrek
Officer

Re: Swtor Jedi knight

Post by griffeytrek »

MightyDavidson wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 4:00 am
SuperJyls wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 1:46 am
MightyDavidson wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 2:11 am
Thebestoftherest wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 12:55 am
griffeytrek wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 6:19 pm
Thebestoftherest wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 12:46 am I do wonder what the them for the jedi will be.
Based on my first time Jedi/Republic playthrough? The "Good Guys" are a dysfunctional disaster. The Jedi Academy suffers more incidents of child neglect than Hogwarts. The Republic Senate and Republic Military are each more corrupt than their Russian Counterparts. And the Republic in general is Portland.

It's kind of hilarious when you see them side by side. The Imperial Capital is a clean beautiful city, located in a lush green forest. The people are happy and prosperous. Whereas the Republic Capital is Hell. It's a dystopian concrete nightmare of never ending buildings with no sun and no greenery. It's filled with gangs, refugees, drug users and homeless lunatics. When a Sith shows up the locals are polite respectful and oddly happy to see them. They know the Sith will solve all their problems. Whereas when a Jedi shows up the locals view them like they're the office Janitor, who smells of odd chemicals and shit.

The Empire may be objectively evil. But it is run on a structure of rules and order. The Republic may supposedly be good. But it seemingly runs on narcissism, hedonism and purely mercenary self and special interests. It really is Portland or California.
You could argue that they are putting all the money and resources to make the place that the sith are to be great while everyone else in the empire suffer, while the Republic does try to help others even if that isn't perfect.
Also it's clearly not pleasant for everybody given that there's an active revolt among the citizenry in the capital when you arrive. To say nothing of the rogue Sith trying to start up a civil war.
Not to mention that a few minutes outside the city are half a dozen different revolts ranging from other Sith groups and/or slave rebellions, plus the hundreds of other civil unrests happening on other Sith-controlled planets
To say nothing of all the dangerous creatures who live in that lush green forest, with no noticeable walls to keep them out of the city.
The Green's have a strong lobby in the Empire. Can't do anything that would disrupt these beautiful natural carnivorous creatures. Now shut up and feed it more baby's!
stellar_coyote
Officer

Post by stellar_coyote »

And we have Part 5
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6PZoX52tZ8

There are times when I think that writing for the companions went through fits and spurts, plenty of characters have interesting arcs and dynamics with the PC, and plenty others that are just a pain.
Case in point: we get our healer who perfectly demonstrates the time before "Me Too" and Sergeant "Stop exploding, you cowards!" Rusk.
hammerofglass
Captain

Post by hammerofglass »

I am intrigued by this adopt-a-boob plan and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.
...for space is wide, and good friends are too few.
griffeytrek
Officer

Post by griffeytrek »

stellar_coyote wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:12 pm And we have Part 5
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6PZoX52tZ8

There are times when I think that writing for the companions went through fits and spurts, plenty of characters have interesting arcs and dynamics with the PC, and plenty others that are just a pain.
Case in point: we get our healer who perfectly demonstrates the time before "Me Too" and Sergeant "Stop exploding, you cowards!" Rusk.
There are some companions that I cringe and groan everytime I see the little Icon over their head. For Jedi Knight T-7 tops the list. Oh God what does he want now and why do I have to listen to extended minutes of bleeps and bloops?

But then we have Doc! Who's between the scenes adventures on your ship are simply breathtaking. Like the moment he invites one of his (disgruntled and psychotic) ex's over... and it's Kaliyo! Or the time he hits on Kira and she Jedi Mind Fucks with him to go sit in his cabin twitching and reflect on just how horrible all of his relationships have been. And why.

Scourge is actually kind of neat in his cutscenes. and I appreciate Sergeant Rusk for his delightful brevity.

Some of the Smuggler crew also has some great stories and scenes. With none of them being Corso.
hammerofglass
Captain

Post by hammerofglass »

I could have sworn that "smarmy doctor companion hits on Jedi apprentice, gets mind tricked" gag was with Theran and Nadia. Maybe they did the bit twice.
...for space is wide, and good friends are too few.
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

griffeytrek wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 3:50 am There are some companions that I cringe and groan everytime I see the little Icon over their head. For Jedi Knight T-7 tops the list. Oh God what does he want now and why do I have to listen to extended minutes of bleeps and bloops?

But then we have Doc! Who's between the scenes adventures on your ship are simply breathtaking. Like the moment he invites one of his (disgruntled and psychotic) ex's over... and it's Kaliyo! Or the time he hits on Kira and she Jedi Mind Fucks with him to go sit in his cabin twitching and reflect on just how horrible all of his relationships have been. And why.

Scourge is actually kind of neat in his cutscenes. and I appreciate Sergeant Rusk for his delightful brevity.

Some of the Smuggler crew also has some great stories and scenes. With none of them being Corso.
For years, I assumed Corso was voiced by Trip Tucker's actor.
griffeytrek
Officer

Post by griffeytrek »

hammerofglass wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:09 am I could have sworn that "smarmy doctor companion hits on Jedi apprentice, gets mind tricked" gag was with Theran and Nadia. Maybe they did the bit twice.
No with Theran when he hit on either you or Nadia Holiday Cut him off and turned Ice Cold Bitch on him until he humiliated himself.
griffeytrek
Officer

Post by griffeytrek »

hammerofglass wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:09 am I could have sworn that "smarmy doctor companion hits on Jedi apprentice, gets mind tricked" gag was with Theran and Nadia. Maybe they did the bit twice.
No, he has a later post KotFE/KotET section in Legacy of the Sith where he is teamed with Nadia. And she has her own sarcastic and soul crushing ways of dealing with him.

And Yay! New Jedi Knight Chapter is up today!
Ranadiel
Redshirt

Post by Ranadiel »

So Rusk's squad can actually survive the final Hoth mission. You have to give him the Gen'Dai though.

Honestly I think part 6 covered my favorite part of the Jedi Knight story as the ending of Chapter 2 and the "proper" introduction to Scourge are both great sequences.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Post by Thebestoftherest »

I liking this so far.