Dragon Age II: EA boogaloo

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
thisithis
Officer

Re: Dragon Age II: EA boogaloo

Post by thisithis »

Saw Chucks latest review and him saying that Ea learned from the train wreck of DA2. But they didn't, in fact, they got worst. Yes, DA3 was better then Da2, but then we got Mass Effect: Andromeda came out and it was worst then DA2. EA started doing this shit all that way back in the 80's and 90's where they slowly killed Ultima and Command & Conquer. After that's all they did was buy up other video game companies and slowly kill them off.
Revolverman
Redshirt

Post by Revolverman »

As soon as Anders pulled that shit on you, I see no reason not to throw a knife between his eyes or shove a spear down his throat, because even if your 100% mage supporting, you know he's going to fuck everything up for everybody.
Independent George
Officer

Post by Independent George »

CharlesPhipps wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:51 pm I think stabbing Anders is the morally correct choice.
The most morally correct choice would have been to take him alive and have him executed in public. Since that's not an option, yeah, I couldn't let him live after that. I just wish I could have stabbed him in the junk first.
Alinis
Redshirt

Post by Alinis »

Its funny DA Orgins makes you feel horrible for siding with the templars while dragon age II makes you feel horrible siding with either the mages or templars making you wish for a third option.

Then you get dragon age III actually makes you not feel horrible for getting one side or another though I do tend to think the Templars in Inquisition have the better recruitment mission and aftermath both in game and after the game as well as a more likable leader in Ser Derlin Barris.

Plus it allows for the possibility of the amusing odd couple diplomat team you wouldn't get otherwise which was always a bonus.
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

Alinis wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:21 pm Its funny DA Orgins makes you feel horrible for siding with the templars while dragon age II makes you feel horrible siding with either the mages or templars making you wish for a third option.
I always side with the mages but I have the caveat of basically viewing mages as having to police themselves as a price for their freedom. I.e. X-men morality according to Charles Xavier, Cable, and Bishop.

A lot of mages don't want equality, though, they want to dominate the Muggles the way Muggles dominate each other.
Then you get dragon age III actually makes you not feel horrible for getting one side or another though I do tend to think the Templars in Inquisition have the better recruitment mission and aftermath both in game and after the game as well as a more likable leader in Ser Derlin Barris.
I felt cheated that I couldn't discuss the Mage Liberation business with anyone but Madame Le Fleur.

I was deeply disappointed by the war's resolution. For 2 games, we had a Revolution Built UpTM and then they dump it to fight Skeletor.
GandALF
Officer

Post by GandALF »

What's the point in wasting time on another game about extremist idiots and uselessly applying modern concepts of freedom and equality on a pre-modern society?
AlucardNoir
Officer

Post by AlucardNoir »

GandALF wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:01 pm What's the point in wasting time on another game about extremist idiots and uselessly applying modern concepts of freedom and equality on a pre-modern society?
The games are written from the modern perspective and set in a "pre-modern" setting. And if the way the media has been treating Kingdom come Deliverance is any indication, things are extremely unlikely to change.
If Chuck or a mod reads this feel free do delete my account. I would do it myself but I don't seem to be able to find a delete account option. phpBB should have such an option but I guess this isn't stock phpBB.
Alinis
Redshirt

Post by Alinis »

CharlesPhipps wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:35 pm I was deeply disappointed by the war's resolution. For 2 games, we had a Revolution Built UpTM and then they dump it to fight Skeletor.
I do agree that it was rather disappointing it might have been better the main villain a clearer open threat earlier so instead of the civil war ending as they did it have both sides be forced to pull a enemy mine and struggling together against the greater threat while leaving the underlying issues unresolved so perhaps they could properly devote a full game to the Mage-Templar war later with more nuance than what we got.

Still like I noted before before I did greatly enjoy the templars seeking redemption if recruited, the boss fight and liked the characters relating to the Templar recruitment mission. It also made the mission going after the High Seeker seem so much more personal.
GandALF
Officer

Post by GandALF »

AlucardNoir wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:23 pm The games are written from the modern perspective and set in a "pre-modern" setting. And if the way the media has been treating Kingdom come Deliverance is any indication, things are extremely unlikely to change.
There are reasons for a lot of the anachronisms i.e. woman are allowed to be warriors and priests because of Andraste (who is based on Joan of Arc) not because of any modern ideas of equality.
Winter
Captain

Post by Winter »

Yesterday was rather emotionally draining for me. I got news that one of my favorite characters from Tomb Raider, Samantha Nishimura, would be returning to the series in Shadow of the Tomb Raider, only for the actor playing Lara to say that this was not the case. And then I went to see Avengers: Infinity War which gives a new definition to the Rocks Fall Everybody Dies Trope.

So I completely get why Chuck just sort of petered out at the end as along with everything that is going on in his personal life, moving to a new home, having to play DA2 on his birthday, needing to deal with Anders and leaving Channel Awesome I get how he feels.

So Chuck, if your reading this, I hope the next couple of reviews go well and that you find a nice new home and that your health improves. And I hope that DAI goes more smoothly for you next year. :)