Shows I'd like to see Chuck review

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Mecha82
Captain

Re: Shows I'd like to see Chuck review

Post by Mecha82 »

To be honest ever since he started reviewing EXO Squad I have been hoping that he might review that Battletech cartoon from 90's since it tends to be mostly forgotten and is mainly remembered among old Battletech players like me. Then there is Ultramarines: Warhammer 40,000 Movie that I would love to see him review as well considering how grim dark it and it's setting are.
"In the embrace of the great Nurgle, I am no longer afraid, for with His pestilential favour I have become that which I once most feared: Death.."
- Kulvain Hestarius of the Death Guard
Robovski
Captain

Post by Robovski »

Mecha82 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:12 pm To be honest ever since he started reviewing EXO Squad I have been hoping that he might review that Battletech cartoon from 90's since it tends to be mostly forgotten and is mainly remembered among old Battletech players like me. Then there is Ultramarines: Warhammer 40,000 Movie that I would love to see him review as well considering how grim dark it and it's setting are.
I have to agree, it would be fun for him to do the Battletech cartoon.
FaxModem1
Captain

Post by FaxModem1 »

I kinda hope he gets to take a break from Anime for a while. After him reviewing it almost non-stop, it starts to run together, and I'd much prefer he take on other things like the occasional movie, animated series, non-Trek show, etc.
ProfessorDetective
Captain

Post by ProfessorDetective »

I wouldn't mind seeing a review of three shows:

1) 'The Big O'. It's basically 'post-apocalyptic, anime Batman with a super fighting robot and some Asimov thrown in'.
2) 'Baccano!': Your standard Prohibition-era Gangland tale, with the plot structure of Pulp Fiction and the little wrinkle that half of the cast are immortal alchemists.
3) 'Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt'... Just google it. It's like if the Evangelion team had created South Park and did it better.

I suggest these works because, since Anime's typical idiosyncrasies seem to throw Chuck for a loop, let's give him some of the most American-inspired shows that also have English dubs.

Also, some more Doctor Who would be lovely.
Nevix
Officer

Post by Nevix »

I've probably said this before, but I'll say it again if I have:

BOTH Fullmetal Alchemist, and Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, in tandem, until the plot split, but still with an overall comparison at the end.

It was clear from Chuck's review of FMA that he'd gladly do more on the series, and I think it's also a great series that he'd have a blast with.

Also...

More Friendship is Magic, but in limited quantities. I'm fine with the "one pony special per quarter at most" rate right now.

And... And... And...

I can't think of anything other than Babylon 5, which already has some reviews.
AuRon
Officer

Post by AuRon »

Nevix wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 4:23 am I've probably said this before, but I'll say it again if I have:

BOTH Fullmetal Alchemist, and Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, in tandem, until the plot split, but still with an overall comparison at the end.
This is going to sound like a very unusual opinion, but I'd rather he just review the first series. I was never a fan of Brotherhood. I think he could do an interesting review of FMA 2003, but when I found out he was reviewing Brotherhood I immediately lost interest. Having said that...
FaxModem1 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:36 pm I kinda hope he gets to take a break from Anime for a while. After him reviewing it almost non-stop, it starts to run together, and I'd much prefer he take on other things like the occasional movie, animated series, non-Trek show, etc.
I agree with this. Too many anime reviews. Some anime is fine (although much of the anime he reviews is not stuff I'm really interested in), but I'd rather see him doing other stuff. Stargate, X-Files, genre stuff like Darkman, or the Mad Max movies. I'd even be okay with him reviewing a few Disney movies just for something different.
SabreMau
Officer

Post by SabreMau »

That's just a result of the schedule lately. Anime reviews over a six-month span:

December: (none)
January: Full Moon
February: Kino's Journey and Full Moon
March: Kino's Journey and Full Moon
April: Mahoromatic (twice), Code Geass (twice) and Full Moon
May: Full Moon (last episode)

There just happened to be a burst of it in April, and we're just about to finally retire one of them out of the queue anyway.
Darth Wedgius
Captain

Post by Darth Wedgius »

Maybe they can make an anime version of that Star Trek manga and make everyone happy?

There's one review I'd love to see but I think he probably shouldn't do. One episode of the cartoon "Wing Commander Academy" did, IMHO, a really good bait and switch with a really good payback. But I think that's a relatively obscure cartoon and unlike, say, "The Adventures of the Galaxy Rangers," I doubt there'd be as much of an audience for a review.
Trinary
Officer

Post by Trinary »

Robovski wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:21 am
Mecha82 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:12 pm To be honest ever since he started reviewing EXO Squad I have been hoping that he might review that Battletech cartoon from 90's since it tends to be mostly forgotten and is mainly remembered among old Battletech players like me. Then there is Ultramarines: Warhammer 40,000 Movie that I would love to see him review as well considering how grim dark it and it's setting are.
I have to agree, it would be fun for him to do the Battletech cartoon.
Oh lord, I remember that show! Funnily enough, some of the characters were canonized into the BattleTech universe (Adam Steiner, Franklin Sakomoto, Kristen Redmond, Pytor), but most of the actual events of the series were written off in-universe as bad anti-Clan propaganda put out by the Federated Commonwealth. I'm not making this up!
Elderdog
Officer

Post by Elderdog »

I'd like him to revisit Fringe if he can find time in his schedule.