Star Trek (Dis): Battle at the Binary Stars

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Draco Dracul
Captain

Re: Star Trek (Dis): Battle at the Binary Stars

Post by Draco Dracul »

J!! wrote: why does it even matter though? if they'd given the klingons purple skin, two noses, and an extra eyeball in the chins, would it have really effected the storytelling? the acting? the characterization? any of the things that make a show worth watching?
Well for one, part of why the whole rubber forehead alien started is because not only is it cheaper than more extensive facial prosthetic, it's easier to act in. The more prosthetic you apply lower to the face, the fewer actors you have that are going to be able to be expressive though the make-up.
animalia
Officer

Post by animalia »

About the klingons? Could some klingons use cosmetic surgery? I recall in the enterprise episode that introduced it that they mention there could be a market for it in klingons in the future
excalibur
Officer

Post by excalibur »

It's still a bit jarring that they made the Klingons of this series so different from previous generations. I especially do not like how they designed the bat'leth in this show. The previous shows portrayed it as a bit of an unusual sword, but this show makes it looked even more unwieldy.
"Adapt, Overcome & Improvise"

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."
Alex
Redshirt

Star Trek (Dis): Battle at the Binary Stars

Post by Alex »

I recall once having read that most of the star systems in the Milky Way galaxy are multiple (binary, trinary, etc.) star systems.
In any event, binary star systems are extremely common in our galaxy.
Thus, calling any battle the "Battle at the Binary Stars" would be about as uninformative as calling, e.g., a famous naval battle the "Battle of the Bay," the "Battle near some Rocky Outcroppings," or the "Battle amidst a Large Archipelago."